The online racing simulator
Need help in buying a video card
(10 posts, started )
so i decided to upgrade from my 8600gt 512mb ddr2 to something more powerfull. im ready to spend around 150$ (im on a tight budget)
rest of the PC specs:
CPU-Core 2 Duo E6850 3.0ghz
4gb 800mhz ram
1x500gb HDD and 1x80GB HDD (from the old PC)
Asrock mobo (don't know the model, but has served me well for more than a year now without any problems)
and a 650W PSU
so im waiting for any suggestions on something in the 150$ price range
and the last question : will i see a big or a very small improvement in games if I get a better GPU?
For $150 your best bet is either the Geforce 8800GT or 9600GT. If you had a bit more you could go for the 9800GT, and it would be worth it. And, yes you will see a HUGE improvement in games if you get a better GPU, so spend as much money as you can on it if you play a lot of games, it will make a big difference.
I very much doubt that. Even here in Toronto, Canada (aka ATI headquarters) you can't get one for less than $200.
where I live, you can'y get a 4850 for less tan 200$ anywhere. can bearly get money together for a 9600gt. in our country everything is very expensive
if i were you i'd change the motherboard.
Quote :will i see a big or a very small improvement in games if I get a better GPU?

it's not really certain. it will be faster, that is certain. but if you get an ATI (i have an ATI) there could be some issues here and there with rendering. to be honest tho, i haven't seen anything in a GAME.

i'd still get an ati.

if you feel lucky (...punk) with your AssRock, get some more money and get the 4850.
I'd save up a bit longer and get the 4850 anyway.

If you absolutely have to get one now, have a look for a cheap 8800GT. You can get them for about $110 on Newegg.com, so allowing for the fact that prices are higher in Latvia, you should be able to find one for $150.

Have you tried looking for a card in a different country that will deliver to Latvia? As long as it's in Europe, the postage cost shouldn't be too high.

There's a few sites in places like Germany that are fairly close to you that have them for under 100 euros.
http://www.google.de/products? ... amp;lnk=next&start=10
I don't really want to buy a gpu from another country. friends have been telling bad things about buying stuff from other countries.
ok, so in the place where i will buy the graphics card, they offered me a HD 3850 for a cheaper price than the 9600 GT. maybe I should buy the 3850? considering, that I have a crossfire mobo, maybe slip in another one in a year or so.
in a year the 3850 will most probably be out of stock and even if you found one, it would be faster if you just spent the same amount of money for a then-current gpu.
I wouldn't get a 3850, you're better off buying a 4670, it's about the same specs as the 3870, it's the latest technology, and it's only $100. Before you get a 3850 make sure it isn't a Diamond 3850; read this first.

(10 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG