The online racing simulator
#1 - J@tko
Round 5 Pre-Race Discussion
Don't worry LFSBC competitors, not far to move your mobile homes for the next round. Why not do a Top Gear and race them round half the Aston track to the Cadet pits, from where the next round will be held

Mini-FBM's (which are slower than I remember :S) - Aston Cadet - 32 laps - talk about it here

(set attached)

Ballast thread will be updated soon, after the publication of the Round 4 Results.
Attached files
FBM_BABY.set - 132 B - 810 views
Race start will be epic. I can see some people stalling on the line
Thanks for the set, dude just got to wait and see what my punishment will be for the epic fail in race 2 of the last round.
ehh do u have to use this set,
or can u just use any other and set intake restriction to 45%?

looks fun
I'd say you fiddle with the settings, should be interesting to what efect ballast has on the cars :P
Lol... what a rubbish thing to drive. the racing is gonna be awesomely close!!!

Not a bad set that you've posted. i tweaked one of my old sets and did a 58.28. Set will probably do 32 laps the way it is... might even have to soften the pressures a bit to last!

I think the ballast is gonna be HUGE at this place cause of the restriction!!!
57.97 with jatkos set so far
#8 - CSF
Why do I get the feeling those with ballast will be at the back...?
#9 - J@tko
Quote from Fastwalker :57.97 with jatkos set so far
doing a 58 every lap is impossible tho

Quote from Dizzydarryn :Not a bad set that you've posted. i tweaked one of my old sets and did a 58.28. Set will probably do 32 laps the way it is... might even have to soften the pressures a bit to last!

How the f**k???!!! I stuggle to get low 1.00s with that set!!!!

Quote from Dizzydarryn :Lol... what a rubbish thing to drive. the racing is gonna be awesomely close!!!

Admittedly, it is slower than I remember, I last drove it a week or so ago :S

Quote from Dizzydarryn :I think the ballast is gonna be HUGE at this place cause of the restriction!!!

Quote from CSF :Why do I get the feeling those with ballast will be at the back...?

.... (Thank you Tiscali!!!!)
#10 - CSF
15kg will put at least 0.5 on your lap times. Going to have to push like crazy to keep up...
As we have seen in Round 4 hot lapping is not equal to a real race If there's similar slipstream like we had in the FOX's then this might be one hell of a race (hopefully with less crashes...).
There is quite alot of slipstream in these cars - you'd be surprised
Quote from J@tko :How the f**k???!!! I stuggle to get low 1.00s with that set!!!!

the trick is to slide the car a bit in the slower corners
with high revs in low gears

last corner is very important

heres a replay if its any help
Attached files
fastwalker_AS1_FBM_05797.spr - 104.8 KB - 231 views
After about 5-10 laps in that set Jack I got a 58.32 so mid 57's is possible imo. I hate how the gearbox handles in this car with the restrictions though. Having trouble downshifting sometimes :S.
From watching that replay it seems to me like this will be similar to Round 2 - uh oh
45% restriction is annoying... FBM isn't THAT hard to drive. I think that the Baby FBM should have been more like 35% tops but I guess it's too late to change now. Heh.
Having driven it again, I kinda agree.

Although, about 3 weeks ago, I did a really big test in it (doing laps on nearly all LFS tracks) and it was fine, even on a track like Kyoto National (well, it was shit, but OK power-wise).

hmmmm.
Was able to do a 59.97 with 15kg ballast and full race distance fuel added. The fun thing is though: There's a corner where people can roll like in Round 2

It feels a bit like driving with an anchor added to the back though.

Edit: We are allowed to change the setup as long as the intake restriction is present - yes?
just did 4 57.xx in a row
57.58 best
Quote from Hypothraxer :Edit: We are allowed to change the setup as long as the intake restriction is present - yes?

Oh yes. Sorry if I didnt make that clear.

That set, tbh, is rubbish.

Its just a base.
Quote from J@tko :Oh yes. Sorry if I didnt make that clear.

That set, tbh, is rubbish.

Its just a base.

Jup it is - with minor tweaking I made a 59.17 in the first lap with 25% fuel and 15 kg ballast - as opposed to a low 1:00 with that setup
BTW, where can you roll it?

Even whilst trying I can't roll an FBM
Quote from J@tko :BTW, where can you roll it?

Even whilst trying I can't roll an FBM

last turn
Quote from Fastwalker :just did 4 57.xx in a row
57.58 best

Thats great going... ive just tried to match u and the best i could do was a 57.7 but i ran wide and onto dirt on that lap, did a 30.3 1st sector (dunno if thats any good) but i reckon i only lost 1/10 or so.

The i tried a full race distance with race fuel (obvously) and 15kg ballast. my best lap was a 58.24 on lap 16...

I then got bored and decided to watch the motogp on about lap 19 or so...

Do think the tyres will last, i just wrecked mine by continuelly locking up the fronts!
I had a 58.55 so far in Lap 8 (15kg, 25% fuel) - but I got bored as well haha. I just hope the race will be more interesting than the setup-testing.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG