Quote from Intrepid :I know 8 year olds have contributed heavily to gaining sponsorship deals for themselves!

Then the extra cost will be gained through sponsorship.....and to be honest, unless the kids have extensive knowledge beyond their age, I doubt that it was the 8 year old who sealed the deal, more like their parents.
The very good 8 years generally show maturity, and motivation beyond their years that amazes me sometimes. It is quite remarkable.

Either way though an 8 year old can only do so much. if the parent hasn't got the motivation (these kinda parents do my head in) to continue spending, and to be taxed in this way there isn't much they can do.
Quote from Intrepid :The very good 8 years generally show maturity, and motivation beyond their years that amazes me sometimes. It is quite remarkable.

Either way though an 8 year old can only do so much. if the parent hasn't got the motivation (these kinda parents do my head in) to continue spending, and to be taxed in this way there isn't much they can do.

It's called life...when you experience it, you will see that sometimes other things have to be made a priority...like say feeding the family/rent etc etc.

You talk like the Karting is the be all and end all of everything....These kids are damn lucky to be racing at all. At least they have tracks and the resources to do this, so they don't make every race in the season no biggie. At the end of the day, there are more important things in life than Karting.
Quote :The very good 8 years generally show maturity, and motivation beyond their years that amazes me sometimes. It is quite remarkable.

It's true, one of the best bits of a club meet was watching the kids racing and looking at the fathers in the pits shouting and screaming and getting irate, two kids could crash and the fathers would be at each other with rear axles in their hands!

That said, when I was racing I did it because I loved it but I could barely afford it. I can say with some certainty that i'd have raced a lot less if i was having to pay that tax, certainly test days would have gone pretty much out the window.

Not everyone raises huge amounts of cash to race, half the field at least barely scrape by.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG