The online racing simulator
How to improve my time at BL1/FBM?
Didn`t know where to post it, so...

I don`t know how to improve my lap time BL1/FBM. For the last 150+ laps i couldn`t improve my tpb by even 0,01. Tried to watch the wr and good drivers laps, but i drive on mouse and it is difficult to me to drive like on wheel. In the *.spr you have my average lap, it is the second, just after the starting one. I know i could make it through corner after long straight and the next corner a bit smoother. My best sector times are 23.70/29.27/19.95, and pb is 1.13.15. I think my problem lies in the 3rd sector but i have no idea how to drive through it better. Please, help me

I`ve attached replay and my set.
Attached files
!FU_BL1_FBM.spr - 56.5 KB - 252 views
FBM_Nagash.set - 132 B - 929 views
you're not using full potential of the track.

Try to do HL and post it on LFSWorld, then try Hotlap Analyser to see where exactly and why you lose time
Drive around the track, slowly at first. Learn where you can go and where you can use the whole of the track.

Start of by following the racing line on the tarmac (The slightly darker ribbon) which is a good starting point. You'll eventually find your own lines which work better for you.

If you reaaaaaally need some advice, I'd suggest getting the replay for the WR and studying his lines.

Not his speed, but the lines, and work from there.
As NIKI said, upload to LFSW and anylize it
Quote from S14 DRIFT :Drive around the track, slowly at first. Learn where you can go and where you can use the whole of the track.

Start of by following the racing line on the tarmac (The slightly darker ribbon) which is a good starting point. You'll eventually find your own lines which work better for you.

If you reaaaaaally need some advice, I'd suggest getting the replay for the WR and studying his lines.

Not his speed, but the lines, and work from there.

Did you even read his post?
Hes already down to 1.13.15
Of course I read his post. I believe his post has changed since then, unless I have no memory at all

And, forgive me for asking but is 1.13.15 good? If it's good why isn't he happy with that? D:
Quote from S14 DRIFT :Of course I read his post. I believe his post has changed since then, unless I have no memory at all

And, forgive me for asking but is 1.13.15 good? If it's good why isn't he happy with that? D:

WR is 1:12:080, i'd say 1: 13:15- is decent, at least compared to my 1:19:020.
Well on a longer track like BL, that seems a respectable pace. I'd be happy with that and just get better over time
Of course I`m not happy with that - that`s over a second from WR :P When i`ll hit 1.12, maybe then... :P

Thanks for the answers
You are fast And, in my humble expreience. Usually, You can finish top 3 with this time. My best time, after 1100 laps, 1.13.80. I can lap around 1.14.30 consistently. Most of time its enough for competetive racing But sometimes some "alien" joins server and destroy my joy They are bloody fast and doing high 12s effortlessly.

I got some problems too. A month ago it was impossible to do 1.14 for me. I got crappy Wingman Formula Force. Then, I bought a G25(using at 450 degrees), changed FOV settings and bam. 1.14s is usual I got a setup from a gamepad user. Its very stable, a bit understeer. I can throw the car easily. But i have tyre heating problem. Usually my best laps in 5th lap. I never got red tyres. My biggest problem is last turn. Grass at right side scares me everytime and i can't use every inch
The last sector depends a lot of the last right hand corner in any car, it is usually good to carry a lot of speed into that corner and the road is so wide that suddenly You realize You dont even need to brake down any more and You can get on the throttle The last corner is kind of jumping into the right hole, cant really get it fast every lap, but it should be very fast when You brake and then jump right back on the throttle kind of throwing the car in there. Troughout history, I've always had a shot at the WR splits in the last sector, so I guess I must be doing something right there
You are already damn fast, i dont consider myself a very bad driver, but i can only make 1:15 but im proud of it.
Quote from RudiTurbo :The last sector depends a lot of the last right hand corner in any car, it is usually good to carry a lot of speed into that corner and the road is so wide that suddenly You realize You dont even need to brake down any more and You can get on the throttle The last corner is kind of jumping into the right hole, cant really get it fast every lap, but it should be very fast when You brake and then jump right back on the throttle kind of throwing the car in there. Troughout history, I've always had a shot at the WR splits in the last sector, so I guess I must be doing something right there

You forgot to mention the bump in the middle of the corner that can send you, so be prepared for some counter steer. Your first split is where your loosing time..

EDIT: That wasn't to you Rudi, was to OP but i added onto yours

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG