The online racing simulator
Logitech DFP GT
(1 post, started )
Logitech DFP GT
Thought I would post my thoughts on my new wheel.

After playing LFS for a year and a half with a Logitech Formula Force GP I felt it was time to invest in a new wheel. I was seriously thinking of a G25 until my wife saw the price and assured me I would not be getting that one It's a bit like being a child again once you get married

Anyway I decided to get the New Logitech DFP GT delivered to my door from SwiftGamers.com for $120.00 Total!!

First impression was wow this sucker is heavy compared to my old wheel. Main wheel body is very soild feeling and must weight close to 10lbs. Pedals are definitly a step up from my old set. They feel nice especialy the brake which has alot more resistance than my old one.
It took me a few minutes to set them up "Very much a no brainer setup" Download the latest drivers from Logitech....wait a minute this wheel isn't supported yet Oh well I knew this going in.
After installing the drivers for the Old DFP my wheel was recognized as a regular DFP. (This meens that 4 or 5 of the buttons on the wheel are not shown or recognized including the big cool horn button) Not that big a deal when you have so many buttons to begin with, but a let down none the less.

So all installed and off to the races I go!! Holy SH*& the wheel almost broke my thumb off I had forgotten to turn down the force feedback This wheel is very stong, and fast!! There is no problem with the wheel fighting you when you want to correct a spin like with the old DFP's. The wheel is super easy to turn and feels very light on its feet. Until the feedback kicks in that is, then you have wonderful feeling and excelent feel for the road.
I can't believe how much of the game I was missing. There are actually bumps in the tracks that I never knew about!!
Overall a great wheel! I would suggest it to anyone who is looking for a new wheel but doesn't have the $250 to spend on a G25 (Or a wife that will kill them if they do)

I will edit this after I have had the wheel for awhile and let people know about any problems with the pedals or wheel.

Logitech DFP GT
(1 post, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG