The online racing simulator
Hypothetical situation
(9 posts, started )
#1 - Dac
Hypothetical situation
say as soon as you spawned at the lights you nailed the throttle and left everybody for dead. but you then have to do a pit lane penalty. do you think the extra time you make up will be more than the time you spend in the pits?

hypothetically though, im NOT suggesting people try this.
It isnt possible i dont think, as most servers i have been on, if you move, you recieve a time penalty, and if you still keep going you get spectated anyway.
#3 - amp88
Quote from danthebangerboy :you couldnt do it anyway, as most servers i have been on, if you move, you recieve a time penalty, and if you still keep going you get spectated anyway.

[/thread]

You get auto-spectated if you move too far before the lights so the question is moot. Even if you could move as far as you wanted you wouldn't be able to make up enough time to compensate for a drive through. Being generous, say there are 10 seconds from 'spwaning' to the green lights, so you make up 10 seconds on the field. All of the pitlanes in LFS take at least 10 seconds to transit so you would lose more than the 10 seconds you gain.
#4 - dadge
most stop/go's take 26 seconds. and a DT usually takes 12 seconds (pitlane line to pit lane line). basically what AMP88 said.
It depends on the length of the track and the length of the pit lane. For example, a drivethrough at Fuji is a large penalty as the pit lane there is very long.
On the FE track in REV formation, I gained a drive through penalty, and on the 6th of 7 laps, with an 8 second lead, I exited the pits in front of the chasing car (on CTRA so it's not like it was a crappy driver)
yes but you cannot do this off the grid as you get auto spectated!:doh:
Quote from danthebangerboy :yes but you cannot do this off the grid as you get auto spectated!:doh:

It wouldn't be enough on most (all?) tracks anyway, even if it didn't spectate you.
Nah, you can go a little bit. If you leave like 4 seconds early you will, but if you dump the clutch, say half a second early you'll only get a drive through

Hypothetical situation
(9 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG