The online racing simulator
New Backfire Sounds Replacing Dump-Valve Sounds
i took a bunch of back fire samples to try and get it to sound right in lfs. took a while but i managed to get 2 decent sounding ones. let me know what you think if you try it out.

i've attached preview mp3s along with it but make sure you turn your speakers down before opening them because they are VERY LOUD. for some reason it's not as loud in lfs.

just load it up like any other dump valve files and turn the volume up and muffler down.
Attached files
Backfire.zip - 101.6 KB - 4936 views
Preview1.mp3 - 16 KB - 4054 views
Preview2.mp3 - 11.8 KB - 2942 views
the 2nd sounds like a bomb going off..

a backfire is more like a quick sharp bang like a gunsound
I listened to the previews, and although a seemingly good idea, I think would become tiresome in practise.

Maybe try finding some less *sharp and agressive/loud* backfire noises?
Quote from S14 DRIFT :I listened to the previews, and although a seemingly good idea, I think would become tiresome in practise.

Maybe try finding some less *sharp and agressive/loud* backfire noises?

you mean like the gurgling type?
ive made some of these too. i made one with Flutter sound in it and some pops. and for yours, nice stuff but they are bit like bombs exploding. try make it to be a sharp,little... bang. (unless you tryed to create rally car backfires)
actually if you make the speed up the sounds, lower the volume but raise the pitch, and somehow make it so you have a number of the sounds going off, you can have it sound like this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q2WxgH3FldE
Bascially. All you need is a audio editing program (most video editing programs such as sony vegas allows wav rendering). At the moment im testing some backfires using this technique
Quote from Sueycide_FD :Bascially. All you need is a audio editing program (most video editing programs such as sony vegas allows wav rendering). At the moment im testing some backfires using this technique

ill give a try at the evening
-
(Sueycide_FD) DELETED by Sueycide_FD
i got plenty of backfire wavs now, i just need to find out how long is "too long"
Quote from Sueycide_FD :i got plenty of backfire wavs now, i just need to find out how long is "too long"

0.70 seconds is about right
and more of a click noise
i once went to the A1GP here in Netherlands, and the backfire just hurted my ears lol
-
(Sueycide_FD) DELETED by Sueycide_FD
Quote from Sueycide_FD :okay thanx

alot more to come.

4,6,9 are great , i using the 9 with fxr and sound great
If anyone wants a real nice backfire sound, My VW is not running right at the moment so it shoots some nice flames and a big bang

Most of the times I have seen, cars usually only backfire once when shifting. Your sounds sound good when letting off.
heres the ones i use. in file 05backfirebov is flutter and backfiresound in same, and others are just backfire. those files arent mine, 05 and 06 file i found on my computer and tha with flutter is half by me. i added one fluttersound on gills sound workshop and that sound 05 in there. enjoy and please, comments about it
Do i just put in my sound file? Without renaming etc
Quote from pearcy_2k7 :Do i just put in my sound file? Without renaming etc

yes, dl them into engine directory and load it over dump-valve sound

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG