Passed my ARDS!!
(37 posts, started )
Passed my ARDS!!
Just got back from Brands hatch, done my ARDS Driving test today, took a bit long as we was down there for 3 hours doing Absolutly Nothing, Done the Theory which was a piece of piss Got 100%
Then done my driving Exam.. He said i was a good driver, i got a mark out of 100 i got 93 (75 to pass)
only problem which let me down was slipping the clutch a bit

Im Not gonna bother talking to whoever said "I Wish you dont pass"

So il just ignore you or give you a bad comment..

BTW It wasnt with anyone else it was private tutoring
Great!, all you need now is a camera for your mini so we can enjoy.
You are soo lucky to have this chance, make the most of it.
#3 - J@tko
Congrats
Congrats Jordan.

It couldn't have been very 'ARD.

I'll see myself out...
congrats mate, like i said in previous thread. And yeah get a cam in ur mini and give us some footage
Yh all i wana try and do is enjoy it, i dont no if i will drive the mini, if i have time i will have a go and put a camera in it, we just might go straight to saxmax and test till 2010

it wasnt actually hard.. theory had 30 questions.. 14 on Flags Pretty easy EG... It said "START" u write national flag..

Rest was Safety and general racing..

Just the driving i was worried about cause The Guy who Tested me was a bit strict.. but all payed off
Well done! Now get on track and collect those signatures. And don't forget the novice cross - it's VERY important.

Nevertheless, there are few things easier than the UK ARDS test. Having to remember a couple of flags, have an atom of common sense, and being able to drive on the road should guarantee a pass.
Already got the Cross on my Mini

Put it on when iv got it,

The flags seem easy.. remembered them all through karting even when i wasnt racing i kept them in my mind..
just the waved and stationary flags i need to remember now
Waved = Desperate bid to catch your attention and warn you of impending doom = WATCH OUT!!!

Static = If you see it you'll be able to plan ahead, but it's not critical that you see it right now and we don't want to distract you too much = WATCH OUT, but in a short while.
il see that when i do my first trackday My dad might even Rent out a Ginetta, wouldnt mind doing a Meeting with it You have about 200k + people watching you

i thought there will be a thrill of getting my License.. im getting nothing.. i was more excited on getting my kebab on the way home
Quote from Jordan2007 :i was more excited on getting my kebab on the way home

lol i am always excited about kebabs
I can't stand them myself. Even when so drunk I can't stand up, I can somehow still tell that none of the ingredients are edible either together or separately.
Congrats!

How did the downshifting go?
Im a fussy eater but you can't beat a kebab after a night out...

Wait, pizza is better
#15 - AMB
Quote from pearcy_2k7 :Im a fussy eater but you can't beat a kebab after a night out...

Wait, pizza is better

No a Kebab is better, with chips and chilli, hmm yummy i'm hungry now.
#16 - 5haz
Congrats!

Its not the test itself that is the problem, its the waiting round for ages to hear your result that is!

I had a question on my paper that said something along the lines of: "you notice your car is on fire, what do you do", and one of the multiple choice answers was "pull into the pits and park up next to the nearest refuelling rig", hmmmmm.

Quote from Jordan2007 : My dad might even Rent out a Ginetta

Oh lordy, Ginetta = weekend of mechanical faliures.
And huge fires!
Congrats!
Quote from Jordan2007 :Im Not gonna bother talking to whoever said "I Wish you dont pass"

So il just ignore you or give you a bad comment..

Also congrats on not understanding why that was said :doh:. People (me included) thought you were preparing for your actual drivers license - in that light your question on how to shift seemed catastrophic. I doubt anyone would've cared if it was clear that this was your racing entry license (or whatever it is).
#19 - 5haz
Quote from tristancliffe :And huge fires!

Hahah indeed everyone remembers that incident at Oulton.

At the Silverstone media day last year one of the cars had been thrown together in a way that the end of the fuel overflow pipe was right above the rear left brake, someone had overfilled the car so the petrol came out onto the hot rear brake with obvious consequences, I never saw what happened but apparently the whole rear corner of the car including the tyre was engulfed in flames, and for some reason whoever was driving decided to drive it round half a lap and into the pits!

So if you do rent a Ginetta, get a torch and look at everything on the car and make sure everythings been bolted on properly (if at all! ).
Congratulations on getting your racing license

And kebab meat pizza rules when wobbling home from a night out.
#21 - AMB
Quote from Mike Bingo :Congratulations on getting your racing license

And kebab meat pizza rules when wobbling home from a night out.

Yeah a nice kebab and some chips.
Not a kebab, a pizza with kebab meat on it.

It's fusion food man.
#23 - AMB
lol i'll try that some day
It tastes much better after 8 pints of Turbo Shandy
congratulations
btw how old do you have to be for a uk race lisence because i don't want to do 1/4 mile oval for the rest of my life

Passed my ARDS!!
(37 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG