The online racing simulator
Not another first car thread
(29 posts, started )
Quote from sam93 :No you should say get the E30 M3, yes the E36 M3 is nice but it isn't no where near as nice as the E30 M3. A E30 M3 would probably set you back about £8k though, you see them going for stupid prices.

Yes it is nice,but i prefer the e36,i have an e30 m3 project car too,but its not going well...

Quote from 11SuLLy11 :M3 for your first car ?

Why? u scared of it?
Quote from sam93 :No you should say get the E30 M3, yes the E36 M3 is nice but it isn't no where near as nice as the E30 M3. A E30 M3 would probably set you back about £8k though, you see them going for stupid prices.

Well said
#28 - aoun
Quote from Stefani24 :But with the first car accidents can more likely happen, so youll be more sad when you drive a 22k BMW in the tree instead of 4k '99 Fiesta.

Like i said before, one of the main reasons i have some extra money. You crash a BMW in a tree pretty bad, and your chances of survival are likely higher then a 99 Fiesta. I know its alot for a first car, and i was not too keen on telling people my budget being afraid of what people would say. I just happen to have the money at the right time, and once again, it doesnt mean im going to go near 40,000AUD.

I'm actually surprised people are helping me out here. Thanks alot .

On my side:

I have been looking at the Cortinas. Thinking, if i was to get one, maybe get a whole new engine along the lines of a ..cosworth? and new gearbox. Fix up the seats and steering + handling. Im sure all that would be, 22,000AUD, But then again, i wont have 22,000 if i go for an old car, the money is there for help, if i get a new car.

Then there was the ute i have been looking at, or "Yewt" .
This is exactly 40,000AUD. Very nice car and all, i have sat in it and its very good on the inside, i am yet to drive it though.

Mine will be a v6, not v8, so its that, minus the hood thing that pops up.
To be honest, i think you could get a perfectly safe reliable car for half of that 40grand - being another aussie id say dont buy new but instead get a aussie car thats 3-4 years old, like a 2004ish commodore/falcon/magna (imported cars from europe or asia generally means higher price's from the start). Buying new will just lose its value too much over its first 3 years, and the next person to buy it off you isnt going to want to pay as much for a car thats been owned by a P Plater (that stigma of "oh they have probably thrashed it" etc.)

Any of the those three cars are quite reliable and safe, with solid 6cyclinder engines that can live up to quite a lot of use without many dramas. Is the reason why they are bought so often as family cars.

Then you would have 20grand left from that budget to pay for a few years licencing /insurance etc and to get an extended warrenty on the car you buy (if available) - also that would leave enough for you to get an old cortina or something to play with as a "project car" while still having the other car safe reliable transport.

Thats my 2cents anyway

Not another first car thread
(29 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG