The online racing simulator
In real life if they went through there due to a lock up and gained a position they would have to let the person they passed back into that position. That could be implimented in LFS if they go through and don't give the position back they get a stop & go or a drive through.
Aston Cadet reversed:

You can cut a lot if you turn sooner than the last turn using the grass
Quote from Victor :
-describe the situation with text.
-include a screenshot of the place where you think a check could be added. Try to indicate how large an area you think should be covered for the check (see example). I check circular areas.
-mention which track AND config this shortcut applies to. If it applies to multiple configs of one track, please mention all the configs.

BL2R, people cut through the gravel trap in T1 because it's much faster and pretty much 0% risk.

BL2, people drive on the grass to get a wider entry to the corner after the back straight. Add two circles if you can't do it with one
Attached images
bl2r.jpg
bl2.jpg
please sorry my english.

have do you think about this.....

I´m in advice because i cut in the chicanne, in the next lap some body crash his car in front of me or againts my car... we go out of the road.... he is in advice and i got a free Drive Through.

EDIT:

I read the post 3 times... now i see it in other way. only Blackwood chicanne :$ ... and doing by these way.... no needs warning.

sorry for that I see a lot of pics with cars cuting and over all the road...firts time i think you are talking about cut all chicanne on every track. sorry
What servers have this enabled?
Quote from duke_toaster :What servers have this enabled?

Any which are on the insim relay and have the option toggled on

(It says in the OP)
Does it make it clear or would I have to try some chicane jumping to find out?
it's not specifically indicated atm no.
Quote from Huru-aito :BL2R, people cut through the gravel trap in T1 because it's much faster and pretty much 0% risk.

BL2, people drive on the grass to get a wider entry to the corner after the back straight. Add two circles if you can't do it with one

thanks yeah those are clear shortcuts. I'll probably make the second one with first a warning, then a time penalty, then specate (just added this functionality)
EDIT - it's added now. I'll make a nice overview at some point where all the checks are placed.

---

on that topic of variable penalties, i can now basically apply any order of penalties, per penalty type.
What that means is that for example you have two areas on a track where a slight shortcut can be beneficial. So they are similar shortcut areas. Cut short on the first one and you get a warning, cut short on the second and you get a time penalty. After that, if you shortcut on any of the two once more, you are spectated.

But as for another example, on one track like blackwood GP there is one blatant shortcut and one less beneficial one. These two shortcuts are of different types and so if you shurtcut the first you are spectated immediately. Shortcutting on the second one warns first, then applies a penalty, then specates.

These are just examples of what can be done atm.
This can be a good approach.

I hope I'm not suggestion something very dumb, but wouldn't revert that very portion of Blackwood to something like one of the older versrions is better? Because there is no way you can cut throught the first chicane when everything around is walls (I'm pretty sure old LFSers know what I'm talking about).
I race quite alot on demo servers and see the bl1 cut quite alot. I dont think a warning on the first run is good as people will still do it knowing they get 1 free pass to gain positions or better time. Iv seen and been past by who do this which is very annoying.
I have also seen people use it to gain a better time on first split to set record laps on the lfs lapper. If it was my server it would be instant spectate or pit to stop them registering the faster times.
Also if you use the excuse of it being a run off area, if the barrier covered all the way anyway you would be taken to a trip to space due to the physics

Good job with patching this! usually on servers with friends so cutters usually get a warning and kick anyway
Quote from lil chris :I race quite alot on demo servers and see the bl1 cut quite alot. I dont think a warning on the first run is good as people will still do it knowing they get 1 free pass to gain positions or better time.

If you read Victors post you'd notice that there way cutting is dealt with is entirely optional. Warnings can be given, but it's not a must. The BL1 chicane you mentioned is the same one that was listed as the prime example for an immediate no-warning penalty numerous times in this thread already.

Aston GP/GT/North and the reverse combinations.
Attached images
as5.jpg
Quote from scipy :Aston GP/GT/North and the reverse combinations.

Is that actually faster. I can see its shorter but faster I doubt
Quote from Unforgiven :Is that actually faster. I can see its shorter but faster I doubt

I wouldn't have posted it if it wasnt considerably faster.
Quote from AndroidXP :If you read Victors post you'd notice that there way cutting is dealt with is entirely optional. Warnings can be given, but it's not a must. The BL1 chicane you mentioned is the same one that was listed as the prime example for an immediate no-warning penalty numerous times in this thread already.

Yea I read that but was just sugesting that if a ran a server it would be on auto spectate from what I have seen, but after viewing more posts what I said has seems to be some what of a broken record. Sorry for repeating points but I mainly posted to show my support to the fix
Quote from duke_toaster :What servers have this enabled?

i've indicated it now on the hostlist at lfsworld. Hosts on the relay already had a clickable R. Hosts with the anti-shortcut option enabled have a clickable R+.
I know this is in the early stages, but could we get a map of zones and penalties at some point?

Thanks
yes the plan is exactly that. I'm just in the process of adding areas to the tracks now. I'll make a nice viewer later on that shows you a track map and its areas, colour coded to indicate penalty style and penalty type.

edit - i've put a list of clickable track links on the lfsworld hostlist and relay host-options page now.
Some examples :

http://www.lfsworld.net/deskto ... enalty_maps.php?track=BL1
http://www.lfsworld.net/deskto ... enalty_maps.php?track=BL2
http://www.lfsworld.net/deskto ... enalty_maps.php?track=FE1
Why not just put a barrier there? There's plenty of room to weave back into the race between the bollards?
Mmm , why dont use the Entire Hot lap system for all the Game , Single playar and multiplayer?
Quote from Inouva :Mmm , why dont use the Entire Hot lap system for all the Game , Single playar and multiplayer?

That was my suggestion only instead of invalidating the lap, dish out a penalty. But it got passed over. Maybe it's technically more difficult.
Quote from petercollins :Why not just put a barrier there? There's plenty of room to weave back into the race between the bollards?

This system just makes it simpler. If you want to put barriers there, go ahead. But as said earlier in the thread, on a demo host you cannot use autox objects. And this thing started out especially for a demo host, but maybe other hosts want to use it as well, on other tracks, so I'm expanding it.

Quote from Inouva :Mmm , why dont use the Entire Hot lap system for all the Game , Single playar and multiplayer?

it's much too strict for online racing.
Quote from Victor :

it's much too strict for online racing.

And is perfect , If LFS aim to be a true Simrace , should work like that

Of course at the beginig many ppl will complay about the HLVC , but when learn how to Race and overtake and use the mirrors + camera ,the shortcutting it keep on the past

In argentina we have a fact

The best Things it´s learn in the worst way
That's a nice, hardcore idea there. but there wont be no distinction about who is intentionally shortcutting or if he spun in a curve. And imagine that, people pushing eachother's to the grass so the others can ge a penalty, giving them the advantage.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG