tbh he's been doing a pretty good job all season.
Class1
1st. L. Hamilton
2nd. F. Massa
3rd. K. Raikkonen
4th. H. Kovalainen
5th. R. Kubica

Class2
6th. F. Alonso
7th. S. Vettel
8th. N. Heidfeld
9th. M. Webber
10th. T. Glock

Class3
11th. J. Trulli
12th. S. Bourdais
13th. N. Rosberg
14th. D. Coulthard
15th. K. Nakajima

Class4
All others
Quote from aroX123 :Class1
1st. L. Hamilton
2nd. F. Massa
3rd. K. Raikkonen
4th. H. Kovalainen
5th. R. Kubica

Class2
6th. F. Alonso
7th. S. Vettel
8th. N. Heidfeld
9th. M. Webber
10th. T. Glock

Class3
11th. J. Trulli
12th. S. Bourdais
13th. N. Rosberg
14th. D. Coulthard
15th. K. Nakajima

Class4
All others

Someone didn't watch the race this weekend
what one race in the wet??

i think putting vettle in group 2 is right because so far hes only been a threat in the strangest conditions if he gets on the podium next round i will be surprised. (thats not taking anything away from his abilities buts thats just the way it is)
Quote from tombarlin :i think putting vettle in group 2 is right because so far hes only been a threat in the strangest conditions if he gets on the podium next round i will be surprised. (thats not taking anything away from his abilities buts thats just the way it is)

Do you realize in which car he drives?

He has absolutely no chance to be a threat to McLaren or Ferrari in dry conditions.

And the conditions yesterday weren't that strange. The race started wet and the track dried up towards the end. There was no unexpected rain or anything. He was basically on the same strategy as Kovalainen in the McLarren and still left Kovalainen no chance. I'd say that's pretty impressive and shows that he belongs in group 1.
Quote from tombarlin :what one race in the wet??

i think putting vettle in group 2 is right because so far hes only been a threat in the strangest conditions if he gets on the podium next round i will be surprised. (thats not taking anything away from his abilities buts thats just the way it is)

Hes driving a bloody Torro Rosso not a ferrari, getting in the points with it is like winning a race with a top team.
Vettel aside, imo the weirdest thing is putting Kovalainen in class 1 and Alonso in class 2. Hamilton and Alonso in the same car were as equal as equal gets. Kovalainen is getting hammered by Hamilton in the same car. Otherwise I pretty much agree with Arox.
yes thats my point so how can you class him in the top group in that car hes not really a threat every race is he. maybe next year is redbull is more competative. I just dont see why you guys are talking like hes going to win all the raes for the rest of the season
Quote from tombarlin :yes thats my point so how can you class him in the top group in that car hes not really a threat every race is he. maybe next year is redbull is more competative. I just dont see why you guys are talking like hes going to win all the raes for the rest of the season

At the start of the topic it says class them in current form.

Hence Vettel is in the top group.
Quote from tombarlin :yes thats my point so how can you class him in the top group in that car hes not really a threat every race is he. maybe next year is redbull is more competative. I just dont see why you guys are talking like hes going to win all the raes for the rest of the season

Well, I think you should look at them in terms of their actual ability, unhampered by limitations of their cars.

No, Vettel is not going to win every race this season. In fact, he most probably won't win any this season at all, and lucky to get on podium. But his ability is - I think - pretty obvious.

I also disagree with aroX putting Alonso in Group 2. He's a double-WDC! At least he should be equal to Kovalainen and Massa.
Quote from samjh :Well, I think you should look at them in terms of their actual ability, unhampered by limitations of their cars.

No, Vettel is not going to win every race this season. In fact, he most probably won't win any this season at all, and lucky to get on podium. But his ability is - I think - pretty obvious.

I also disagree with aroX putting Alonso in Group 2. He's a double-WDC! At least he should be equal to Kovalainen and Massa.

+1
IMO

Top group(People who can win world championships)
Massa
Hamilton
Webber
Kubica

2nd group:
Heidfeld
Trulli
Glock
Rosberg
Kovy
Vettel
Kimi
Alonso

3rd group:
Sutil
Button
Barrichello
Rosberg
Kovy

4th group:
Bourdais
Piquet
Coulthard
Nakajima
Yeah Alonso can't win a championship

Lets divide the LFS community between people who have watched F1 more than a season ago and those who dont.
Where was he last year? owned by his rookie team mate no he cant win a championship (with out a car with mass damping, or what ever it was called)
Being beaten by the champion with 1 point and beaten to second place by most 5th place finishes or something is called being owned?

You are supposed to class the drivers, not the cars.
Kimi and Alonso can't win WCs? Where have you been these last years of F1? They may not be able to win it this year, but they've already done it
Quote from Gil07 :Kimi and Alonso can't win WCs? Where have you been these last years of F1? They may not be able to win it this year, but they've already done it

Sorry i thought this was based oh their current form in which case kimi could'nt win a arguement
and as for Alonso he might make that renault look good as his team mate is no where but he's overated imo.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG