The online racing simulator
Quote from pasibrzuch :Does something hurt your halfAustrian heart? jeez...

Wooot! We´ve got plenty of Kimi and Hamilton fanboys. Now we´ve got our very first Kubica fanboy. Welcome.
Hey, I'm not It's just childish such degrading a teams better driver and reversing facts

Damn, I really speak like fanboy...
Quote from Mustafur :Your joking right?

I should have put Vettel to 2 but the rest is fine.
What buffers you about it?
I'd love to see Button in Lewis' car for one race to see what he's really capable of, which I'm sure is a lot more than we've ever seen of him.
1. Ferrari

2. McLaren

3. BMW

4. others

I'd like to see them driving in the GP2 cars, then we can see who is really the best driver.
Quote from khoianh94 :I'd like to see them driving in the GP2 cars, then we can see who is really the best driver.

GP2 eh?

2007: Glock (88pt) > Nakajima (42pt)
2006: Hamilton (114pt) > Piquet (102pt) > Glock (58pt)
2005: Rosberg (120pt) > Kovalainen (105pt) > Piquet (46pt)

It's way too simple, but just going by their GP2 record, it will like this:
1. Rosberg
2. Hamilton
3. Kovalainen
4. Piquet
5. Glock
6. Nakajima

We could look at F3 Euroseries too (no-one from current F1 grid in 2007)...

2006: Vettel (75pt) > Nakajima (36pt)
2005: Hamilton (175pt) > Sutil (94pt) > Vettel (63pt)
2004: Rosberg (70pt) > Hamilton (68pt) > Kubica (63pt)
2003: Glock (55pt) > Rosberg (45pt) > Kubica (31pt)

So going by their F3 record, it will be (again, way too simple):
1. Hamilton
2. Sutil
3. Rosberg
4. Vettel
5. Kubica
6. Glock
7. Nakajima

Mixes things up a bit, eh?
Quote from khoianh94 :I'd like to see them driving in the GP2 cars, then we can see who is really the best driver.

well you could say the same for F1 if you put them all in the same F1 car.

GP2 racing is not equal in any sense of the word!
Quote from AdonisAmaronis :I should have put Vettel to 2 but the rest is fine.
What buffers you about it?

Massa and kimi are way too low and bourdais is way higher then were he really is.
Quote from samjh :GP2 eh?

2007: Glock (88pt) > Nakajima (42pt)
2006: Hamilton (114pt) > Piquet (102pt) > Glock (58pt)
2005: Rosberg (120pt) > Kovalainen (105pt) > Piquet (46pt)

It's way too simple, but just going by their GP2 record, it will like this:
1. Rosberg
2. Hamilton
3. Kovalainen
4. Piquet
5. Glock
6. Nakajima

We could look at F3 Euroseries too (no-one from current F1 grid in 2007)...

2006: Vettel (75pt) > Nakajima (36pt)
2005: Hamilton (175pt) > Sutil (94pt) > Vettel (63pt)
2004: Rosberg (70pt) > Hamilton (68pt) > Kubica (63pt)
2003: Glock (55pt) > Rosberg (45pt) > Kubica (31pt)

So going by their F3 record, it will be (again, way too simple):
1. Hamilton
2. Sutil
3. Rosberg
4. Vettel
5. Kubica
6. Glock
7. Nakajima

Mixes things up a bit, eh?

I remmeber i think it was '01 in the old F3000 series Justin wilson got 1st place much further ahead then 2nd place Webber, then in 03 they were team mates at Jaguar, and well Webber creamed him.

F1 is just too different from the other catagorys to get too much info.

Look at Piquet for Example, i think its fair to say Glock is much better then him even though he wasn't as high up in GP2.
Quote from Mustafur :I remmeber i think it was '01 in the old F3000 series Justin wilson got 1st place much further ahead then 2nd place Webber, then in 03 they were team mates at Jaguar, and well Webber creamed him.

F1 is just too different from the other catagorys to get too much info.

Look at Piquet for Example, i think its fair to say Glock is much better then him even though he wasn't as high up in GP2.

I'd hesitate to compare Glock with Piquet, because there is a huge gap in experience. While Glock was doing his stint in F1 and Champ Cars, Piquet was still plodding around in British F3.

Glock is already a mature racer, but Piquet is still on the uphill part of the learning curve.

Give Piquet another two seasons, and then we'll see (although I will agree that Glock appears to be a better driver, especially in wet weather).
Quote from Mustafur :Massa and kimi are way too low and bourdais is way higher then were he really is.

In his "current form" (after spa) he's rated "way too high" in group 3 of 4.
You don't like him, eh.

Kimi and Massa in one group with Hamilton and Alonso? No, way. Not doing that. Not after rain-races. Not after comparing on-boards of last years Monaco- and USA- or this years Spa-qualys to all these WTF?-moments watching Massa missing apexs on laps he appears to be quickest. Hell, noo...

And group 2 is actually a list of drivers who's speed you can't really rate due to a lack of serious teammates. But I'd give them good chances to be quicker then Massa and Kimi if they were in a Ferrari.

So everybody is perfectly in place.

But what buffers me. How can you put Trulli and Glock in one group?
Trulli is clearly ahead of Glock.
Quote from samjh :I'd hesitate to compare Glock with Piquet, because there is a huge gap in experience. While Glock was doing his stint in F1 and Champ Cars, Piquet was still plodding around in British F3.

Glock is already a mature racer, but Piquet is still on the uphill part of the learning curve.

Give Piquet another two seasons, and then we'll see (although I will agree that Glock appears to be a better driver, especially in wet weather).

Who will want to pay for that?

Vettel, and Hamilton have shown that a rookie can deliver in their first season in F1! The rookie label just doesn't wash any more. Piquet's time in F1 may be up. He can only hope that Alonso leaves and that means Renault have no choice but to mantain some consistancy with their drivers
Quote from Intrepid :Who will want to pay for that?

Vettel, and Hamilton have shown that a rookie can deliver in their first season in F1! The rookie label just doesn't wash any more. Piquet's time in F1 may be up. He can only hope that Alonso leaves and that means Renault have no choice but to mantain some consistancy with their drivers

Flavio seems willing to pay for at least another season, judging by his comments so far. Of course we won't know until Renault makes a formal announcement.

Not counting the first half of the season, he hasn't done too badly. 2nd, 6th, 11th, and a retirement; comparable to Alonso.
Quote from AdonisAmaronis :In his "current form" (after spa) he's rated "way too high" in group 3 of 4.
You don't like him, eh.

Kimi and Massa in one group with Hamilton and Alonso? No, way. Not doing that. Not after rain-races. Not after comparing on-boards of last years Monaco- and USA- or this years Spa-qualys to all these WTF?-moments watching Massa missing apexs on laps he appears to be quickest. Hell, noo...

And group 2 is actually a list of drivers who's speed you can't really rate due to a lack of serious teammates. But I'd give them good chances to be quicker then Massa and Kimi if they were in a Ferrari.

So everybody is perfectly in place.

But what buffers me. How can you put Trulli and Glock in one group?
Trulli is clearly ahead of Glock.

That was one race, not to mention in Monaco, Massa was considerably faster then all his rivals in the rain. also not to mention last year he got 3rd in car that was just not suited to the track. You can't get all your info from a driver from a few indivdual races. What about Turkey or Bahrian or Hungry, Massa was magic.

Trulli is much more experienced then glock, but glock has closed the gap in the last few races considerably.

Next year could be a different story though.
Quote from samjh :Flavio seems willing to pay for at least another season, judging by his comments so far. Of course we won't know until Renault makes a formal announcement.

Not counting the first half of the season, he hasn't done too badly. 2nd, 6th, 11th, and a retirement; comparable to Alonso.

The 2nd place was luck though.
Quote from NSX_FReeDoM :cant believe Button and Barrichello get such low ratings.

maybe if they drove something better than that honda they'd win races...

why do people rank webber/vettel so highly? they cause a lot of crashes... just look at last year's fuji.
Quote from bunder9999 :why do people rank vettel so highly? they cause a lot of crashes... just look at last year's fuji.

Yeah, look at last year's Fuji. And what else?

If anything Vettel causes less crashes than most of the "top" drivers.
Quote from zeugnimod :Yeah, look at last year's Fuji. And what else?

If anything Vettel causes less crashes than most of the "top" drivers.

2008 montreal - crashed into wall
2008 hungary - overheated
2008 silverstone - crashed
2008 spain - crashed
2008 bahrain - engine problems?
2008 malaysia - spun out (retired?)
2008 australia - crashed

2007 brazil - suspension damage
2007 belgium - steering damage
2007 fuji - crashed

ok now i'll admit that he probably didn't cause all of those, but he never did finish those races for whatever reason. whereas hamilton has only DNF'ed twice in the past two years, alonso four times, raikkonen four times (despite his horrible track record in previous years), massa three times (despite his track record as well), button ten times, kubica five times, webber nine times. i could keep going, but i got tired of searching wikipedia.
2008 montreal: What?! He finished 8th.

2008 hungary: Engine failure.
2008 silverstone: Collission caused by Coulthard.
2008 spain: Collission with Sutil.
2008 bahrain: Engine failure.
2008 malaysia: Engine failure.
2008 australia: Mass crash-out with 3 other drivers.

So, 3 DNFs thanks to engine failures, 1 DNF caused by another driver running into him, and 2 more DNFs which were just racing incidents. He's never DNF'ed because of his own error this season. It's an impressive record when compared to that of Massa, Piquet, Raikkonen, Alonso, et al., who managed to crash out on their own at least once this season.

Among the 7 GPs he finished, Vettel scored points in 5 of them. That's a 71% scoring rate, which is bettered only by Kovalainen, Raikkonen, Kubica, and Hamilton.

Yeah, I rate him pretty good.
Quote from samjh :2008 montreal: What?! He finished 8th.

strange, now i can't see where i grabbed that reference from. okay, i take that one back.

edit: hmm, that seems to have been from the qualifier. that's what i get for searching youtube for "vettel crash".
Brundle and Senna were near enough equal in mid 80s F3 racing.
Now where are they......
Quote from bunder9999 :strange, now i can't see where i grabbed that reference from. okay, i take that one back.

edit: hmm, that seems to have been from the qualifier. that's what i get for searching youtube for "vettel crash".

You compare Hamilton to vettel yet you miss a huge difference, Vettel is in a backmarker team(with the lowest budget of all teams) Vettel is a bigger talent then Hamilton, becuase he is 2 years younger then him and got a victory from a car that just isn't possible.

Vettel has set 3 records already:

Youngest to score a point
Youngest to get pole
youngest to get a victory.

If Vettel was in a mclaren im affriad to say hamilton wouldn't be looking soo good
i have to admit vettel did do a good job today.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG