The online racing simulator
Blackwood high-res pack
(26 posts, started )
Blackwood high-res pack
I've just added some noise to asphalt textures in Blackwood, so they look more detailed. Unfortunatelly they look darker than before - maybe I'll make it better soon. If you like it I can write a tutorial how to do it for other textures if someone wants to do complete LFS2 pack but dont know how to.

Oh. DDS files are huge, I dont know why - I was using DDS Converter 2.1 and no matter what compresion option I took I had the same size

EDIT::

http://rapidshare.de/files/12299074/highresBW.rar.html

Enjoy
Attached images
startnew2.jpg
startold.jpg
You sure you didn't accidentally swap startold.jpg and startnew.jpg?
Now everything's ok.
Hmm, gotta try 'em.
#5 - ORION
I have put the file onto the ZT server, for those who might have problems with rapidshare... only virus-checked the file, and not tested it yet, though

http://www.zt-racing.com/zocke ... e_by_himself_complete.rar

According to the screens, the lines are too dark, thus the overall look has a lack of contrast imo... just make it a bit brighter and there ya go
I will upload an updated version, too (if you post one)
Looks good ingame, but I have to agree, lighten up those white (now gray) lines a bit.
It's true - lines are too dark. I have to finish my Database Structures project (studies) and then I'll make some improvements.

BTW anyone have any idea how to shrink those DDS files?
You can't get 'em smaller. You doubled the resolution (2048x1024 => 4096x2048), that means 4 times the size.
... but they are 10x bigger.
Uhm, no?

Old: 1366KB
New: 5426KB

5426 / 1366 = 3.9985...

Nice thanks
errr. NO.

old one:
BWnewroad.dds -> 524 416 bytes
new one:
BWnewroad.dds -> 5 592 560 bytes

Simillar with BWoldroad,BWralydirt,BWgravel ....

I see they are uncompressed at all. They all have the same size. I see nothing can be done about it if this format have no compression.
Strange. My old files all had 1.3 MB
OK, there's a trick on how to make them smaller:

1) Save the files as .raw instead of .dds
2) Put them into the data/pic folder (make sure to delete the corresponding files from dds folder first)
3) Start LFS
4) LFS converts the .raw to .dds by itself, but instead of getting a 5MB file (newroad) I got a 2MB one after that
5) Take the new .dds files and upload them
Thanks man My LFS loading time is normal again
Just tested it, the new file size of the pack will be about 7.2 MB
very nice update, keep up the good work
Wow, that looks very nice. Thank you
i installed the "old" high-res pack last night and it looked great. guess i need to replace that with the "new" pack when i get home. excellent work!
#21 - Jakg
can someone please rehost the file on a different server as rapidshare never works, Leechget grabs the download and as download managers are only supported in the premium version, it doenst work
How about you try the *gasp* standard download the browser uses? :doh:
#23 - Jakg
Quote from AndroidXP :How about you try the *gasp* standard download the browser uses? :doh:

*gasp* there is no link, there is no way i can stop Leechget, it ignores the ignore list as well
Well, it IS an ignore list, so why shouldn't it get ignored?

Just messing with you, dude.. There's bound to be some setting to turn it off?
#25 - Jakg
Quote from atledreier :Well, it IS an ignore list, so why shouldn't it get ignored?

Just messing with you, dude.. There's bound to be some setting to turn it off?

i know, it should work, but it doesnt! maybe they use another server on a different adress... i dunno, but if i turn it off it just turns back on, the only place i can actually use Rapidshare is at school

Blackwood high-res pack
(26 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG