The online racing simulator
South City training from spectacor's eyes
(13 posts, started )
Yesterday, few aliens came on XFusion Racing server and drive some really good laps around South City Long. As I had enough of racing, I took my camera and went to hairpin in the half of the track. Result is few shoots of two slower racers, two spdo drivers, one Mercury's driver, one XFusion driver and one driver from Team Kitty.
Quality should be good, although framerate slightly drops sometime (due to fact, that I record this in realtime on server). I had nice time there yesterday, so I hope you'll enjoy it. It's just... an experiment.

http://pernix.org/temp/so_visit_training.wmv

Few things:
No youtube, because you can't enjoy the vid there, as even on high quality, it's poor...
Second half of vid is much more good imo. I tried to edit camera a bit and also better drivers show up here.
If you want to have good atmosphere, increase volume a lot
I like it! It's a fresh idea afaik. Spectacular to see the cars in the hairpin from that point of view!
Downloading... BTW you could upload it to Vimeo. Top quality.
nice vid... only a few touches to improve it - overlay a camera "scope" and add a flashing "Rec" sign with a red dot near... also add some wind noise, and you almost got a perfect "amateur handheld camera" effect. This would be nice. Anyway - this vid gives you that "standing in the safe zone, watching the races feel" NICE JOB
#5 - Kdovi
Quote from Töki (HUN) :Downloading... BTW you could upload it to Vimeo. Top quality.

Vimeo does no longer allow game videos (except for machinima)
Quote from squidhead :nice vid... only a few touches to improve it - overlay a camera "scope" and add a flashing "Rec" sign with a red dot near... also add some wind noise ...

and some crowd noise Other thing that came to my mind is some chatter - you and your friends discussing what's the car passing by doing, like "the guy just missed the braking point", or "he really ****ed that one up"
Nice vid overall, and quite impressive that you can record videos from LFS in realtime at such high resolution :O
Quote from MataGyula :and some crowd noise Other thing that came to my mind is some chatter - you and your friends discussing what's the car passing by doing, like "the guy just missed the braking point", or "he really ****ed that one up"

Very good suggestion TBH...
Great suggestions here... I guess I'll try one later. Anyway, thanks for comments
Quote from squidhead :...add a flashing "Rec" sign with a red dot near...

I don't think that is necessary, because very few (if any) cameras have this "feature" at this time. Imho date/time overlay would be better.

For the video - good idea, like it.
Quote from Kid222 :I don't think that is necessary, because very few (if any) cameras have this "feature" at this time. Imho date/time overlay would be better.

For the video - good idea, like it.

Battery meter then maybe?
camera did not have a zoom good, more locations would be better, like on the bridge from the multi storey car park (orange building in back of second place shots) and maybe like others said, cheering and wind. Nice!
Seeing those FZR getting out of that hairpin that good scares me. Cool idea there, but it's to have needs more locations used.
Quote from LFSn00b :stream?

It was already written in the first post

Movie was interesting, but slowly becomes a bit boring

(13 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG