The online racing simulator
OT: A-Level Results
(19 posts, started )
How did everyone do? A2 and AS results today. I got my A2s back; Maths-A, Further Maths-B, ICT-B which is just what i needed to get into Uni so i'm delighted! Thought i'd screwed further maths up on my last two exams and dropped to a C but it turned out that i only just missed an A. When i read that i'd got the B i needed i went mental and started shouting and stuff since i was thinking i'd screwed it up lol. i'm going to study maths at the University of East Anglia assuming i get in with the grades they offered me. Did you get what you wanted and what uni/course do you want to do? Post!

PS. There is no off topic forum, if you dont like this thread just dont reply.
hey grats Josh , my friends all got what they wanted . and i am going back to college so get to get some more a levels
#3 - _Rob_
DDDC at AS
Was hoping for Cs..
results
ABC

happy.
Quote from _Rob_ :DDDC at AS
Was hoping for Cs..

Too much LFS... people tend to buck down a bit in the 2nd year and improve, also you can just retake everything so i wouldnt worry too much yet .
UEA? Nice, not far from me. Congrats to those who acheived what they wanted.
Congrats to all who got what they needed.

For those who didn't dont dispare, I have no A Levels at all I just spent an extra year at college, and now I am a Software Engineer so there is alway hope
Thats interesting Pabs - I'd like to know more about your experiences with getting a SE job, without uni....
Ah, A Levels, such fun they were.

And damn you Josh, I only got C/E for Maths/Further Maths. TBH I was happy I passed Further Maths at all!

Grats.
1 mark off a B in DT :/
~10 marks off Cs in the others.
Going to retake every exam in January. Can get an A in DT if I get nearly full marks in both papers (60/90 and 81/90 atm). It's the coursework that let me down though really:
Biology : 59/90
Computing : 51/120
DT : 48/120
Quote from the_angry_angel :Thats interesting Pabs - I'd like to know more about your experiences with getting a SE job, without uni....

OK my career history

Left High School after 6 years (remember this is Scotland I am talking about, 4 years Standard grand leve, 2 years Higher Level (A-Level))
College 1 Year NC (National Certificate) Electronic and Electrical Engineering
College 2&3rd Year HND (Higher National Diploma) Electronic and Electrical Engineering
Got a job as a PCB(Printed Circuit Board) Debugger, and then moved up to a PCB Test Engineer. During this time I went to night classes for an HNC in Computing.
After 3.5 years I got a job (with the same Company) as a Software Technician (basically software tester) after 4 years and some on the Job training I became a Software Engineer and I now write programs in C++

It wasn't easy I did have to study alot, but as it was something I was/am interested in made it a bit easier.

So thats a little Pabs History ... ZZZzzzZZZzzz :P
OKAY so do you guys think we should have a dedicate forum to chat off-topic on on this forum? I know there was a poll earlier, but i didn't really see the point of having an off topic forum because there are a zillion other means to chat offtopic (other forums, irc, messengers etc).
and well done Josh - i wish my grades looked like yours
Well, mine were quite good

Film Studies: B
History: C
Gen. Studies: C
French: E >_> (I hate Edexcel so much!)

For History, I nearly got As on the written papers and I think I fouled up on the coursework. But anyway, in total I got 300 UCAS points from A2 and 30 from AS and I only needed 200!
Quote from Victor :OKAY so do you guys think we should have a dedicate forum to chat off-topic on on this forum? I know there was a poll earlier, but i didn't really see the point of having an off topic forum because there are a zillion other means to chat offtopic (other forums, irc, messengers etc).
and well done Josh - i wish my grades looked like yours

Personally I think all forums should have an offtopic feature. Every forum I have seen goes offtopic at one point or another
Geogrpahy - A
Maths - B
Computing - B
Physics - C

I knew physics was gonna be hard, wanted an A in maths and computing though as I considered those my strongest subjects :s
Quote from Pabs(Sco) :OK my career history

Left High School after 6 years (remember this is Scotland I am talking about, 4 years Standard grand leve, 2 years Higher Level (A-Level))
College 1 Year NC (National Certificate) Electronic and Electrical Engineering
College 2&3rd Year HND (Higher National Diploma) Electronic and Electrical Engineering
Got a job as a PCB(Printed Circuit Board) Debugger, and then moved up to a PCB Test Engineer. During this time I went to night classes for an HNC in Computing.
After 3.5 years I got a job (with the same Company) as a Software Technician (basically software tester) after 4 years and some on the Job training I became a Software Engineer and I now write programs in C++

It wasn't easy I did have to study alot, but as it was something I was/am interested in made it a bit easier.

So thats a little Pabs History ... ZZZzzzZZZzzz :P

Nice to hear some success when you've not completed the traditional method of getting into SE

I found that really interesting, cheers Pabs!
Many thanks the_angry_angel,

There is always hope
Which was exactly what I was hoping for.

Whilst part of my job currently entails coding, its definately not Software Eng - which I'd like to do
I got 3 As (Physics, Maths and Further Maths) and a B (Chemistry) and a U (General Studies), which I'm very happy with! Didn't have a uni offer so can't really answer the second part.

Well done to everyone who met their offers!

(19 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG