The online racing simulator
XFG setups Tire Q's
(6 posts, started )
XFG setups Tire Q's
I notice that most if not all fast XFG setups use hybrid rear tires. And I can't really figure out why. Do they offer less rolling resistance?

I've been using a setup I've made with normal rear tires with slightly higher pressure. And a stiffer rear ARB. And It is fast although I dont have enough practice in this car to say It's as fast as a Hybrid rear tire setup.

So can anyone inform me as to why you would use hybrid rear tires on an XFG rather than Normal rear tires?

Thanks, Aj

I'll add the setup here once I get onto my other comp.
#2 - bbman
Lower optimum temperature...
Quote from bbman :Lower optimum temperature...

But wouldn't that come with less grip?
If you want to bring the normals on a good temperature, you have to lower the pressure A LOT. (less high speed)
Hybrids usually go with more pressure, are sooner on optimum temperature
#5 - bbman
Quote from AjRose :But wouldn't that come with less grip?

Quite the opposite... The hybrid is a softer compound, and the lower optimum temperature means it'll be faster/longer at optimum than the normals... So it has MORE grip, not less...

The locked diff is the only reason why you can still powerslide the rear on this rather understeery setup...
Quote from bbman :Quite the opposite... The hybrid is a softer compound, and the lower optimum temperature means it'll be faster/longer at optimum than the normals... So it has MORE grip, not less...

The locked diff is the only reason why you can still powerslide the rear on this rather understeery setup...

Ahh I see. I just assumed that the Hybrid tires would be a lower grip tire as they are Dirt/Road tires.

It doesnt seem to make very much of a difference speed wise though. I'm a second off the pace on the tracks I've been on and that is with very little practice. I'll keep experimenting though.

Thanks for the info

XFG setups Tire Q's
(6 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG