The online racing simulator
Do Not buy Wheels from UK DELL!
(56 posts, closed, started )
I Have just Recently bought a G25 Wheel from Dell 5 weeks a go, I Still havent Received it, Might sound silly but iv got My racing test on 2nd of September and i need to learn how to change down gear!

On the site it said It was a 1-2 week delivery.

After 4 weeks of waiting.. we decided to Ring Dell up

We Asked why hasnt it come?

They said as its not one of our Many Sold Items, it is not as important as other Software..

i was supposed to get this on the 17th August for my birthday..

Last year we Bought a Logitech Formula Force EX.. it said 1-2 weeks delivery.. It come 2 months after.

Belive me i am not happy about any of this!
#2 - Jakg
You don't know how to change down a gear?

!

On Topic - Just ask for your money back - you were under the impression that you would get it within 1-2 weeks and it's over a month and nothings come, the thing you wanted it for (a birthday) has passed and you want a full refund.

EDIT - Wait, i take it you mean something like "i don't know how to blip the throttle / heel-toe" as a pose to "clutch in, one gear down, clutch out".
Well im only 14.. I can Change up.. But yeh gotta learn Heel n Toe And Gotta Know the revs for changing down..

Im doing my Test in a Megane 220bhp Turbo.. So i dont wana change down to early.. Il end up blowing the turbo

Right.. We rang them up a week a go and they said we should have it by the 21st Latest..
We rang them up again Few days a go and they said It will be here by the 29th..
#4 - Jakg
You don't know how to change gear and your relying on a wheel to teach you?

I really don't think you'll pass your racing license.
Correct me if im wrong, but dont you have a mini? Surely, you could find an empty piece of road and practice there?
Quote from Jordan2007 :Well im only 14.. I can Change up.. But yeh gotta learn Heel n Toe And Gotta Know the revs for changing down..

Im doing my Test in a Megane 220bhp Turbo.. So i dont wana change down to early.. Il end up blowing the turbo

This is an accident waiting to happen. Racing techniques do not apply to standard road driving. For the sake of everyone else (don't take this personally) I hope you fail your test, because you're not ready for the road, both technically and mentally.
#7 - Jakg
He's reffering to his racing test btw not his road test.

To do a driving test you'd have to do lessons and you are taught how to downshift thank god.
Quote from AndroidXP :This is an accident waiting to happen. Racing techniques do not apply to standard road driving. For the sake of everyone else (don't take this personally) I hope you fail your test, because you're not ready for the road, both technically and mentally.

What u Mean? Im doing my racing test, How can i not be ready.. iv gotta learn How to change gear?

I know mostly everything else..

My dads spent £700 On a test.. He knows if im ready or not and he knows thats the only downfall of my driving at the moment.. and i havent had the chance to change gear properly.. all im doing at the moment is grass track .. First.. second.. third and u stay in third the hole race..

And at the moment i was Pissing it until Last Meeting.. i got Followed in by a learner driver and i rolled

But my Dad Said i could change gear.. so its his fault but hes spending £700 on a test and we have got a maximun budget of £20,000 for my Entry Fee, my Car, Mechanics.. etc

so spending a extra £200 on a extra day testing? we cant use that money like that..

all im gonna try doing is Keep it smove, and drive like my nan
#9 - Jakg
Take your Dad's car (or, if your Dad magically seems to own a Ferrari, a Lambo and a Clio - the least powerful one) on an old abandoned airfield (fair few 'round here) and just try. It's not hard...
Hes got a Focus RS... He said i can have a go but he said we dont know.. Im to young for say like Bedford Autodrome

We dont know where to go!
#11 - Jakg
Is there nowhere thats private paved land that no-one uses?

Here we have Eye Airfield which isn't used anymore, tons of people practice up there before they're 17, they also do Lorry training up there as well (i.e. reversing) - all you need to do is just pull away, change up a few gears then change down a bit and then stop and pull away again until you "get the hang of it" which won't be long trust me.
Quote from Jakg :He's reffering to his racing test btw not his road test.

To do a driving test you'd have to do lessons and you are taught how to downshift thank god.

Ah okay
Disregard my post then.
I've been round croydon before, and seen a few piece of open tarmac where you could practice. Put your post code into google maps and then look around for anywhere you could try.

Just remember that heel and toe is a piece of piss of do, but hard to perfect.
Yeh i no wat ur saying.. uv gotta have it perfect though... i dont think The guy who's the instructor for my test will let someone out who's 14 on a race track risking other peoples lives.

im trying to watch so many videos and Reading about it.. iv got so much info about it, i just wana see if i can do it.

thats why i want the g25 because i have no other chance of doing anything

Soo much Info iv gotta no!
#15 - Jakg
You don't want to practice in LFS, you need to practice in a real car.
I No but i dont no where!!

my dad said we can go somewhere but theres not really nothing around me.... i would love to go to that eye Airfield.. Its to far away... 3 hours!
I bought my Momo from Dell a while back and I did get it pretty quickly O_O I guess it's just the UK dell cuz here it came pretty fast if I remember correctly.

Read up on how to heel n toe Speed Secrets 1 talks about heel n toe and if you cant find the book go on google books and look for speed secrets and theres a preview and it does explain how to heel n toe in the book. Look at a couple of videos about it etc and then just get in your mini and simulate it yourself without actually moving. :P

Then again you should know how much to blip the throttle in your car so even a sim wont show you that...
#18 - Jakg
Eye Airfeild was an example - there should be a disused airfield somewhere near where you live...?
Biggon Hill
But thats in use, theres not a long bit of road that we can test on

we have got industrial State up where i race my Grass track car... but If they catch me driving... My Dads Nicked
Hmm....

This is rather funny to watch, some 14 year old thinking that practising on a game will you make magically do it in real life.

Theory =/= Putting into practise.

Firstly, unless you're racing hugely powerful (200 bhp +) RWD cars, then you don't even need to do it. On anything FWD under around 180 brake you don't need to do it, since they don't have enough oomph to lock up the driven wheels in the first place

Are you telling me there's no industrial estate or anything anywhere near where you live? For a pretty small cost (Like £80 or something) you can get driver training, at the very least you can have a couple of laps in a Clio 182 round Brands Hatch.

Either way, I hope you fail

*Again, last post till something interesting*
Why u hope i fail?

IM 14!!!! Why do u think im doing my License! i would Love to Do trackday at Brands hatch :o Wait uv gotta have a license..!

Right Then When i do my License.. Il put u in A Car Say Hmm a Clio.. il give u a race Round Brands hatch?

Lets see who will be laughing then?

Iv Learnt So Much From racing.. My dads literally been pushing me the hole way

I had a Quad at 3... And a minimoto

At 7 i got my first go kart

At 9 First meeting in a Kart.. I won it...

3 Championships i got a 5th, 2nd and a 1st

Im doing Grasstrack At the moment...

3rd in the championship(Racing people whos been doing it 5 years)

And ur saying u would laugh at that?

Also Been watching Major Motorosport from the age of 2

iv learnt so Much Technique from the Pro's

All Iv gotta do is a few Things and off i go

Iv even got A Huge Sponser called De Havillande! Hes a multiMillionaire!!

I dont think A 14 Year Old has these Chances...and when we do.. we take the advantage and go for our dream!

And i bet u Havent had that Much experience at 14
#23 - Jakg
I'd imagine he'd be laughing the second you failed to downshift into T1.
Quote from Jakg :I'd imagine he'd be laughing the second you failed to downshift into T1.

Quite true xD

It's been a long time since I've driven a car for real, namely because my dad won't let me trash his (shiney and lovely) Vectra. However, I reckon after an hour or so practise, after putting into practise what I've taught myself on LFS that I'd have no problem keeping up. Not that I'd really want to, I have no urge to race round a track like a spotty 14 year old so I can show off to all my mates at school!

I'm much more into motorcycles (A mans way of getting about, no such thing as a shopping bike), and I'll give you a race round any track, on or off road.

Funny how you edit your post, adding more and more about how pro you are. To be honest, I don't care. Neither does, I'd think, anyone else. And yes, yes I would laugh you pre-pubescent mouthpiece.

The fact you can't type propperly makes me stop reading at the first "iv".
ok done bye.(seriously done)

Still hope you fail
Look, you've finished school so you most likely have a load of free time. Instead of moaning shouting "I DONT KNOW WHERE TO PRACTICEEEE!!!!", get off your arse, get onto your bike (or some means of transport) and cycle around and look for ANYWHERE relatively unused that you could practice. Industrial Estates - Old disused carparks - etc etc.

You wont need nowhere big to practice, just enough space to get upto a decent speed (say 40mph) and practice, practice and practice.
This thread is closed

(56 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG