The online racing simulator
Suggestion: UFR/XFR as GT3
hello there,

i race a lot on CTRA race 3 and there is one thing i dón't understand, why is the UFR/XFR also in the GT2 class? they are both front wheel driven so they accelerate much slower at starts and out of corners. also the XRR GT2, FZR GT2 and FXR GT2 have a lot more grip. so they can brake much later and take corners faster. for example: the closest i can get with my UFR to the other GY2 cars is 2 seconds slower on AS club!

now here is my suggestion:

could you moderators put the UFR/XFR in a new GT3 class? by this way i think these cars will be more popular because now they have a chance of winning to.

like this:

GT3: UFR/XFR ( silver license and up )
GT2: restricted GTR's ( gold license and up )
GT1: non restricted GTR's ( platinum and up )

i hope you can do a thing with it!

Hendrik
Please leave GT2 as silver license and up, other than that I agree that UFR/XFR should have its own class.
Originally the cars where meant to be balanced to run together. It looks to me that the balancing on them has changed at some point, and I dont think they where ever balanced that well.

In beta testing they where evenly matched, but I think once exposed to the public they should have been tweeked with more - but I never got the lap time reports I was after to do thorough comparisons and couldnt be bothered to do the leg work with the record displays as they where.
I've always found that the XFR and UFR simply can't keep pace with the restricted GTRs, on account of not having downforce. However, they are so much easier to drive hard, so I was always under the impression that they're there as an introduction more than anything else. I don't recall seeing any set of track records where the FWD GT2s are any quicker than the others. I do sometimes find the XFR and UFR to be a bit quicker on the straights, but they quickly lose out again in the corners. And we all know real men overtake in the corners
It's quite possible that these cars are construed as slower and have slower lap records purely due to the fast, experienced drivers not using them.

I think the reason the balancing hasn't been tweaked at all is because hardly anybody uses the XFR and UFR - proportionately, I reckon it must be less than 5% - and so, I guess UKCT didn't want to mess around with the far more popular cars just to make rarely-used ones more competetive.

On the smaller tracks, two classes running at once is plenty. I'm thinking what sort of mess we might get at Aston Club, or God forbid Cadet, with 500bhp GTRs running around having to dodge a full grid of slower GT2s, and then even slower FWD GT3s. To distinguish the "GT3" class from the established three GT2 cars, they'd have to be restricted to keep them separate, and so I guess the point would be lost a bit - you still wouldn't be driving an XFR or UFR at full power.

My thoughts, anyway

Sam
#5 - SamH
Yeah, we haven't stopped to think much about the XFR or UFR in a long time. Making them GT3 and giving them a points hike might breathe life into them, but in the last year I don't think anyone else's mentioned them once to us either. They've kinda faded into obscurity. I'll give it some thought.
Race 3 seems to be going through something of a renaissance at the moment - great news for me, I love the place - so it might not be that much of an issue right now; but I think that in the long term, adding another class to Race 3 would overstretch an already-overstretched driver base in the server. But it could be worth a punt.

Sam
Perhaps the launch of X2 might be a good opportunity to rebalance the larger GT2's?
A relevant new physics update might be a better time, seeing as they'd have to be rebalanced anyway they might as well be brought back into line with the XFR and UFR at the same time. I guess this would keep the team's workload down.

Sam
#9 - SamH
Yes and no. hmm.. I can't reveal what I want to say until X2 launch, so I'll just say yes and no
@ Dark elite, the 500bhp gtr's are racing now also with the 180bhp fwd UFR

i just like to drive diffrent cars then the others! only the diffrence is to much with the GT2 GTR's on top speed the UFR/XFR are a little faster but you only notice that on Kyoto national. corner speed is much much slower and also a little dangerous when a GTR or GT2 takes the corner with let say 20/30 mph faster.

maybe UFR/XFR with RAC/FZ5/LX6?

EDIT: i'm almost on 200 posts
Quote from henrico-20- :@ Dark elite, the 500bhp gtr's are racing now also with the 180bhp fwd UFR

Really? I never noticed that...

As the rest of my post outlines, my reason for concern is that the UFR and XFR would probably have to be restricted to keep them separate from the GT2 class - either that, or the GT2s are upped to a higher power level - and this would result in a third set of cars going around the track.

I can't say I've noticed any good UFR or XFR driver having to go 20mph slower through corners, but there you go

Apart from anything else, there aren't really enough drivers. As it is, plenty of Platinum drivers end up using GT2s to get racing when the other people in the server aren't qualified for the GTR cars. If we added another class, then we'd end up with not only the Platinum drivers dropping out of GTR to get racing with other people, but also even the GT2 drivers going a class below. Adding too many lower classes could effectively kill off the higher ones.

Sam
Quote :Really? :odd: I never noticed that...

Quote :I can't say I've noticed any good UFR or XFR driver having to go 20mph slower through corners, but there you go

that was just a guess don't know realy how much but its faster

Quote :Apart from anything else, there aren't really enough drivers. As it is, plenty of Platinum drivers end up using GT2s to get racing when the other people in the server aren't qualified for the GTR cars. If we added another class, then we'd end up with not only the Platinum drivers dropping out of GTR to get racing with other people, but also even the GT2 drivers going a class below. Adding too many lower classes could effectively kill off the higher ones.

yes i think ur right, it will take drivers from other ctra classes!

thnx

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG