The online racing simulator
F1 Round Number Program
(5 posts, started )
#1 - amp88
F1 Round Number Program
I've created a small, very simple program to display the round numbers for each round of the championship in F1 since 1950 to the end of the 2008 season. I found myself using the Races page on the F1 website more often to find out when a particular races was, so I thought maybe there are other people out there who would be doing the same. There are 2 files included in the archive. The application itself is in the executable JAR, which contains the class files and the source Java files. The Races file contains information for all of the races in the following format:

YYYY RR Name

Where YYYY is the 4 digit year code, RR is the 2 digit round code and Name is the name of the round. For example:

2008 01 Australian
1958 10 Italian

You can add races to the file by following the same format.

The interface is very simple, allowing ascending/descending sorting (by clicking on the Ascending/Descending button and filtering by year, round number and/or name.

Disclaimer: If your PC goes kablamo after running this application it's not my fault!
Attached images
F1 Round Information.png
Attached files
F1 Round Number Basic.rar - 21.3 KB - 73 views
Could you add a top3 or at least the winner to it?
#3 - amp88
Quote from Stefani24 :Could you add a top3 or at least the winner to it?

Sorry, but that's not the point of this application. I have toyed with the idea of creating a statistics application that reads information from a database but that would probably take several months to bring to a reasonable level. The only other thing that I use this application for is playing video files for any of the rounds on the list (that isn't included in the application above, though, as I don't know how many people would use that). For example, you select 2008 Hungary and it'll allow you to play any files you have on the PC relating to the 2008 Hungary race, either individually or in a playlist.
An auto update by parsing data from the FiA website would be nice .
#5 - amp88
Quote from Dygear :An auto update by parsing data from the FiA website would be nice .

That was how I originally retrieved the race details but I believe they've reorganised the way they store the data twice in the last couple of years, so I can't really be bothered re-writing the parsing algorithm every time they change. Incidentally, I also used the race statistics on the F1 website to derive various statistics (e.g. top 30 highest average finishes for a manufacturer, lowest number of races until first win for a driver) a couple of years ago. However, since they've changed the format of the site again I haven't rewritten that yet either.

F1 Round Number Program
(5 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG