The online racing simulator
Really digging this demo!
(26 posts, started )
I've got a 5 year history with racing sims and recently came back from a hiatus looking for a new sim. Saw LFS got a ton of votes on the RSC favorite sim poll and figured I'd see what all the hubbub was about. So far I love this game, the online play is very well implemented. I like how its got that "pick-up" game implementation. I'm very close to buying the full license..the only thing that is stopping me is that I've still got a lot to get out the FWD car on the demo track.
Welcome to LFS
Yeah same I have many years of car racin sims....one day playing my America's Army and my m8 came over and said DOwnload this game its sick as...So as I did. I got in a server and I loved first time I drove in Drivers seat. And had a real Crash
Quote from V3NOMOUS : And had a real Crash

Whats so cool about crashing
Getting Axed thats whats so cool
Quote from V3NOMOUS :Getting Axed thats whats so cool

Yeah for real. The first time I crashed, I snorted a bucket full of cocaine and cut myself until I felt good about life.
illepall Why did u put that down. u must be the old era I'm from the new era

Axed means destroying sdomething u have axed urself ( Tripped and got carved up)

I mean't like killing that car so it is not drivable
My fave thing to do when I first got the demo was to jump the exit pit lane on Blackwood GP rev. Just aim for the grass after the finish line and count the number of rotations and see if I could crush the roof (But I'm past that now...I think...) .

Peter
Quote from V3NOMOUS :illepall Why did u put that down. u must be the old era I'm from the new era

Axed means destroying sdomething u have axed urself ( Tripped and got carved up)

I mean't like killing that car so it is not drivable

I was being completely serious is my last post, and I will be completely serious about what I say next:

I eat children.
way to thread crap guys.

oh, and welcome to lfs. You should buy S2.. Its worth every penny.
Have to agree with Roadie here.

I spent months playing demo , for many reasons.

I wish id just bought it earlier its fantastic game , and the community is one of the best ive encountered, although looking at some of the above comments youd find that a bit hard to believe..

Anyhow welcome to LFS i just hope you dont make the same mistake i did and put off purchasing this amazing peice of software for as long as i did.
Played S1 demo for a month thinking, eh, it's pretty cool. Was the first time I had been online racing. Didn't figure I'd stick with it long. But then S2 demo was released a month later. After 3 months of that, I knew I needed a license when S2 was fully released (well, after maybe a night of the S2 demo ). Bought my license in stages a week apart when S2 was released. Do yourself a favor, if you like racing even just a little bit, buy the license. You will be kicking yourself for waiting if you do later on.
#13 - SamH
I totally agree.. buy it, or you'll regret it!

As anyone who's ever raced against a TeamCCUK member will know, we're by and large pretty crap at it (with one or two exceptions). This is because we're actually not a proper team.. we're actually just a bunch of techy boffs. CCUK Stands for "Computing Chat UK", and it's a chatroom we all met in, on AOL of all places.

We originally started ClanCCUK because a few of us were in to playing Halo. We put a dedicated server in a London Docklands datacenter, and got a few more people interested in playing games. We added Unreal Tournament 2004 to the server and played that, added SWAT4 and played that, Battlefield2, Command and Conquer, and Live For Speed.

There's a point to this post, honest! It goes as follows:
Today, we're TeamCCUK rather than ClanCCUK. The reason for this is that, even though we play all of the games above (except SWAT4 because there aren't enough multiplayer seats to cope with us all, and the dedicated server is an abomination of coding), the ONLY one of them where we CONSISTENTLY return to play together is Live For Speed. We're all agreed in TeamCCUK that the "game" with the best ongoing playability is LFS, and the one thing we all enjoy BEING most is the CCUK TEAM in LFS. LFS is a very good investment.. both monetarily, AND in pastime.

Plus, if you don't buy it, you'll never be able to kick a TeamCCUK member's butt at South City in a Formula XR - worth buying for that alone, IMO
U guys really wanna make me buy an S2 Right now
#15 - avih
just buy it, and say goodbye to the rest of your life
Quote from V3NOMOUS :U guys really wanna make me buy an S2 Right now

Yes, we do. Many of us come from the best sim in the past, NR2003. Many has tried rFactor only to come back here. Many has tried GTR only to come back here. Many has tried GTLegends only to come back here. I'm currently trying GTLegends, but I can't stop racing LFS to do it. I also jump away for a week or so and fly MS Flight sim, but I always come back to race LFS.
Quote from TaiFong :I was being completely serious is my last post, and I will be completely serious about what I say next:

I eat children.

haha

Thanks mate, read that with a mouth full of coco pops, lets say my monitor has developed acne..
Buy LFS now. Be part of an awesome community and own a copy of a game thats only going to get better with each update!
Quote from TaiFong :I was being completely serious is my last post, and I will be completely serious about what I say next:

I eat children.

Hahahahahaha lmao!! That is by far the funniest post Ive seen on this forum!!

Anyway, welcome RealEddie, glad you're enjoying the demo (like we all once did ) though you should buy a license and enjoy the real stuff! Just to give you an idea of how real it gets.... I was racing LFS tonight and heard my housemate behind me... then I looked in the wing mirror of my FXO to check where he was........ illepall

Hope to see you online soon
Quote from TheRealEddie :...I'm very close to buying the full license...

Do so, you won't regret it. Well, maybe you will sorta miss the life you had before you did, but hey, everything has it's price. :nerd:
Heh, I'm sure I'll be going for the full license. I'm currently stuck at the 1:38 mark on the Demo track in the XTR. Once I get down to the respectful 1:33 range then I'll man up. I actually like low powered cars alot because you really need to drive well to keep the speed up, less room for mistakes imo.
RealEddie:
Yeah, I've found that the low powered stuff gives you a bit more time to think through what you're doing, so I now mostly race the UF 1000(the mini lookin' thing) but every now and again, I break out something silly, usually a FXO GTR.

After a bit of practice, 1:33 and lower are within anyone's reach (heck, I used to be able to do that before I found the mini). What will really help you is a good setup if you haven't already got one. If you don't, then there's a website called setup field(I can't remember the URL offhand) which should have a good one. Or you could find the WR holder and bug them for theirs .

Peter
hehe, actually I'm avoiding other people's setups for now. I figure by creating my own fast setup, I'll learn a lot more about the handling characteristics of each car and eventually get the fastest setup for my driving style. Its tough not to go download some good setups but I'm trying to resist
Aye , making your setups is the way to go , but always handy to see how the uber fast setups are put together.

I always drive the car as much as possible on default set and learn the car, then start tweaking the car for the track.

(26 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG