The online racing simulator
Quote from JasonJ :Exactly my point... Your mates wont want to play anymore. Then why wish it to be integral? Which I interpret as you wishing its forced completely and utterly. If I misinterpret what u mean by integral then I'm sorry.. ok ?

Moot point, but of the 6 regular racers in our squad, its a 50/50 split

Why don't they like it? The only reason they don't like it is because 'it is too hard'.

I find it harder too. Simple fact is, from an immersion and simulation point of view its worth the effort to learn. Historically I have always been a chase view driver.......until I bought LFS.

This all IMO of course, but this simulator deserves to be as realistic as possible.

Forced completely and utterly? Almost, but ultimately no. Cos at the end of the day its all about having fun
The way I see it, it should be forced.

I don't really care who doesn't -like- it.

LFS graduated from a racing game to a simulator a while ago now. Arcade-style views have no place in a sim.

That said, I don't try to force that on anyone. I don't tell server admins to do it, I don't tell other people to do it.

I simple feel that the quality of racing in the game overall would be improved by it changing, and if it were made a part of the game, that you are always forced cockpit, then I would welcome and love it.

When asked my opinion, I will give it. But it is just that, an opinion.
Quote from rjm1982 :I simple feel that the quality of racing in the game overall would be improved by it changing,

Why do you think that?
Pfft, me and zeug using chase veiw wtf pwned your silly sim-hardcore arses now recently on a server -.- How you feel about losing to a shitty arcade n00b racer like The Very End? I belive you crying home now, I would at least do.

****, why can't people just leave me and my chase veiw alone? Is it so much to ask for?
Quote from The Very End :****, why can't people just leave me and my chase veiw alone? Is it so much to ask for?

Just either ignore them or laugh about their close-minded comments.
I do, but they ... they won't let me be, they nagging on me, picking on me and are saying rude things :weeping:
Quote from zeugnimod :Just either ignore them or laugh about their close-minded comments.

Hard to ignore as Scawen is among them.
Ok, tell me when did Scawen tell us that drivers like me, zeug etc are arcade racers that should be forced against our own will to use a set camera veiw?

Mate, some of you are beyond help..
Too lazy to search for it, but Scawen has said smth like "chase view is not for driving, it's only for watching forces". Also you can't select that view as default.

BTW I use chase view also, and not going to change that.
Ah lol! I belived you was one of _them_ (sneaky ninja smily insert here kthxbye)

Hopefully it will remain a server choise in future aswell, and not a SS strick game that force you to only use cockpit veit etc.
I use cockpit view exclusively. I did try a couple of the other views just to see what they were like but they just seemed "wrong" to me. Probably because I drive in real life so any view other than cockpit view just makes me feel like I'm playing a game.
Mouse user who uses cockpit view. Anything else doesn't feel right. I use that view in RBR and GTR2 as well.
i think if a server put fcv its beacause he want a "hardcore Server"
to get the most realistic driving

for me there is no view faster than another you just aclematize view to view
I see the point with FCV on league events that want's to be assho... I mean Hardcore - But for pickup racing no - why should we force people because you think FCV is the right way of driving?
Either way, in league's I can see the point of having it on.
Quote from desmosedici800 :i just can't stand it.... LFS is serious sim and somebody said chase view should be forced
... pathetic.. does Hamilton,Raikkonen,Massa and others use their car like little remote toy cars(chase,custom) or actualy they are sitting in a car(cockpit)? imo in races cockpit should be forced. always... and as default, it should be as real as it can get
chase and custom view in races.... serioulsy how can u claim you are fast using this views like in toy games not pro sim, this isn't even close to simulation using it.. and it does give you advantage

i understand your points but it would be a bad idea
cuz for some, the chase view is usefull ... i mean a young man who never drove a car will not know the dimention of the car and would not drive that good with the cockpit view

yes it would be more serious with fcv but i think its good to have other view and lets player use the one he want
I prefer roof view with Z axis all the way up. or XRT incar with Z axis all the way up. I do a lot of slow speed (parking ) manouvers that require I be able to see the corners of the car. the only problem with incar views is I can't see the Tach and speedo very much (4k RPM, 80kmh). adjustable steering wheels anyone?
Zeug, post the screenshoot of proof, chase veiw <3 You know what picture I think of.
This one?
Attached images
noobs123.jpg
#70 - arco
noobs...
Sweet revenge eh, 1st and 2th using chase veiw ^_^
(did speedway use it? )

Either way, it's a matter of choise, because I like to drive that way, I can't get used or familiar with cockpit veiw

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG