The online racing simulator
is there any way protect the leader from RESTART or END RACE?
2 days ago, when i was leading in bl gp and going to win,someone come to the server and said:'oh no blackwood' and vote end race. Then a mid joiner and some racer also vote to end. So i lose my points and wins. And they even didn't feel any sorry for me.

It happened many times on me and killed my 2 or 3 wins. I also saw it killed other racers' win. I think it is a hurt for leaders(I don't know how other feels but at least their words show they are really unhapppy. And i feels really bad and never come to a publiic server after that)

So if the leader finish half distance of a race and the race stopped by restart or end race,could me give everyone half points and when the leader finish more than 75% of the race before race stopped, it will also make a win and podium.

If there's a technolgy problem with it. Just hope everybody who hate the track can vote end a race after a race finished,thanks.

Hope you can understand my bad english
Fabio,

Your English is fine, and I totally agree with you. Although it has only happened to me a couple of times (once 10 metres from the line!) it is frustrating, particularly for someone like me who rarely finds himself that high a race position.
I don't know if there is a 'fix' to prevent this, maybe just a question of racers showing a little more respect.
Quote from Fabio Maximus :2 days ago, when i was leading in bl gp and going to win,someone come to the server and said:'oh no blackwood' and vote end race. Then a mid joiner and some racer also vote to end. So i lose my points and wins. And they even didn't feel any sorry for me.

I'd report that idiot. Mid joiners have absolutly no right to change anything in the race already going.
#4 - Mrwei
Agree with LZ.
#5 - Eiw
Quote from Mrwei :Agree with LZ.

well i thought this guy means he agree with the thread starter. pleasee speak english here,it's an international forum.
Quote from dhinchin :Fabio,

I don't know if there is a 'fix' to prevent this, maybe just a question of racers showing a little more respect.

Not allowing restarts .
#7 - SamH
In LFS, the longest you can prevent a restart is 300 seconds, IIRC. Most CTRA races are a lot longer than that. There was some talk recently about coding the X-System to prevent restarts but I did some tests recently that showed that there isn't a simple AND reliable solution.

Anyone joining the race in order to end or restart it is in breach of rule 6.1, which states "[..]You must not interfere in any way with the race in progress.[..]" and will likely receive a hefty penalty and potentially a mid-term ban from CTRA servers. IF they're reported, anyway.
so just like "don't remove others from the starting line",we may also show "don't restart or end race when you are mid joiner"on the screen? Many people don't know that it is wrong using SHIFT+R when they are mid join.
#9 - SamH
The rule is not as clear as it could be at the moment - though IMO, it's quite clear - but we are revamping the rules at the moment, and when that process is complete we will be forcing everybody to re-read them. This aspect of the midrace rule is very clearly specified in the new ruleset.
Quote from SamH :The rule is not as clear as it could be at the moment - though IMO, it's quite clear - but we are revamping the rules at the moment, and when that process is complete we will be forcing everybody to re-read them. This aspect of the midrace rule is very clearly specified in the new ruleset.

Good to hear Sam, I've seen quite a few midrace joiners pit out half way through the race then proceed to try and pass others who are in the race, there excuse when it goes wrong Is usually" I'm faster so you should just let me past".
Red rag to a bull to me
#11 - SamH
hehe yeah, John.. always gets my goat when I see that.. I'm thinking "I'm 16 laps into an endurance race, and you've just joined with a fresh set of boots.. no sh** you're faster, buttwadd!"
Good to see the midrace privilege is emphasized but I still do not see the virtues of allowing midrace joins.
Quote from SamH :we will be forcing everybody to re-read them.

Ah - right.

You were about to get a PM asking whether I'd been banned for a short time and asked to re-read the rules
Quote from Joris : I still do not see the virtues of allowing midrace joins.

It allows you set a decent qualy lap for the next race. Nothing wrong with that as long as you're not interfering with others.
Quote from The Moose :It allows you set a decent qualy lap for the next race. Nothing wrong with that as long as you're not interfering with others.

I agree with that but there are too many racers out there that lack the discipline to do so.

I know there is an excellent reporting feature but I just do not see the necessity of allowing midrace joining. I do not know any real life racing series that allows drivers to leave the pits that have not been at the start of the race or have not reached the pit with their car.

I think reporting every midrace joiner who forces him/herself past would be too much of a burden for the admins.
#16 - SamH
Quote from Joris :I agree with that but there are too many racers out there that lack the discipline to do so.

There are, frankly, many drivers out there that lack the discipline to race generally, but we're not closing the servers to everyone for fear that they might get in.
You mean there should be room for disappointment.
#18 - SamH
I think the midrace system works and is a positive aspect of the CTRA system. It's one of the reasons for the success of the CTRA generally. Everyone who joins a (not full) server knows they can get on the track straight away. If they can't keep their nose clean, they lose the privilege to race.

I've toyed with the idea of preventing previously reported midrace join "re-offenders" from joining CTRA races midrace, but frankly there aren't many repeat offenders. If it becomes apparent that this would solve problems, I'll put it in the system. It isn't apparent right now, though.
Fair enough.

Some of the repeat offenders I know are people I generally like racing against so I am not very keen on reporting them.

That's why I am more in favour of taking away the temptation than punishing the offenders.
#20 - SamH
I can imagine that's a difficult position to find yourself in.

For myself, I've resolved it in my own mind long ago, and I'll rat on anyone and raise a report, no matter how good a friend they are online or in real life. It's easy for me to justify, though. I put a lot of time and energy into the CTRA, most particularly the integrity of the system - that the rules apply equally and arbitrarily across the system, no exceptions. My LFS friends understand that, and are ready to take it on the nose
I don't like servers with midrace join off. It makes it really boring waiting for the next race. And If you miss the start for whatever reason, you have to wait for ages again.

I come to a server to get in and drive, whether I am actually racing for position or just lapping the track following a midrace join. I don't join a racing server to sit around watching everyone else have fun.
#22 - Dru
Quote from SamH :I can imagine that's a difficult position to find yourself in.

For myself, I've resolved it in my own mind long ago, and I'll rat on anyone and raise a report, no matter how good a friend they are online or in real life. It's easy for me to justify, though. I put a lot of time and energy into the CTRA, most particularly the integrity of the system - that the rules apply equally and arbitrarily across the system, no exceptions. My LFS friends understand that, and are ready to take it on the nose

+1

You have to report them. That way we can at the very least - highlight them and make them aware of the actual rules - even if we don't issue a punishment.

The CTRA servers are here for the benefit of all LFS users who abide by the 'system' in place. It should not make a difference who the person is as too whether or not they recieve a report

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG