Tips for geting faster?
(13 posts, started )
Tips for geting faster?
hello there,
i love the combo GTI+BL , but still i'm super slow, not getting even closer to the official world record 1:33
now i read that some fellas make even mid 1:32 and that hi 1:31 is possible from best splits.... can't imagine
now here is the problem. i still play with keyboard, thats for sure not helping a lot, but i believe i drive correctly, i saw some videos of hotlaps 1:33 , and can say the driving style,line etc is the same.
i've got some hotlap settups (hybrid in the back) with 1:33 it helps a lot- i drop my PB with more than a second, but my PB is stil 1:36.61 and hi 1:35 from best splits.
to explain the prob here is my best split
1- hi 0:30 ( i saw that more people with hotlap 1.33 do low or mid 0:31 )
2- hi 1:08 ( in the mid section is where i loose around 4 seconds and thats my problem: i can't understand why)
3rd section is Ok i think, if i take 1st and 3rd section i'm going for good time.
i've try every single possible technics still doesn't work.
I don't get it, is just the keyboard? i've looked on official keyboard record and they are pretty close to 1:33
i think i'm doing realy good with it, the car doesn't oversteer or do powerslides.
so any suggestions?

p.s. i want to excuse for my english
go to te limit... and practice
you will get advice from everyone here and very good advice too

so as i am the "different" guy i will ask you something else

is it very important to you, these 2 seconds? will you enjoy the game more if you manage to go that fast?

(i know the possible answers to the questions. i am only trying to give you some questions for you to think )
how old are you? maybe you are being more cautious than you should be. grab a beer or something.
#5 - RiGun
You should post a replay, we can't point you what you need to improve if we don't know how well you drive.
Quote from perzik :
p.s. i want to excuse for my english

Your English is better than that of most native English-speakers.

I can't comment on keyboard controls, but the bottom line is that you should try to get a wheel as soon as you can. Not only because it'll make you faster (the car goes quicker when you can make smooth, steady inputs rather than the jerkiness that goes with digital input) but because it adds a whole new layer of immersion and enjoyment to the gameplay.

Try to get one as soon as you can mate. Shouldn't be too expensive.
or at the very least, use a mouse to control the car. Might be more difficult at first, but in the absence of a wheel, it's fine.
Upload a lap so we can see if its anything but using a keyboard, a wheel should easily shave 1-2 seconds off your time, depending on how good you are.
1:36 is fast with a keyboard, imo.
If the WR is 1:33, how could people get 1:32 and 1:31? Surely they'd be the WR..
Quote from Crashgate3 :If the WR is 1:33, how could people get 1:32 and 1:31? Surely they'd be the WR..

Demoracers can't upload hotlaps. I can believer Demoracers are faster on that combination because they drive it all the time.
#12 - Jakg
Demo'ers can do hotlaps btw.
Online, wind, bumpdrafting.
Ever heard of that?

Tips for geting faster?
(13 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG