The online racing simulator
PC Freezes 4-5 Seconds After Startup
Hi,

Today I downloaded a FREE game that came with an .iso. Since I didnt know that it was possible to install it without a CD/DVD emulator, I downloaded Daemon Tools (:doh. I then installed my game, tried to restart my computer to finish the install as I would do usually. Thing is that after a couple of seconds on the desktop, the mouse froze and the screen became black. After that there was a kind of yellow/gold screen with horizontal lines and nothing. I managed to half-solve the problem by restoring to the previous day but I was still about to see that yellow/gold screen for a quick second. I was told by some geek friends and by a quick Google search that the latest Deamon Tools utils are full of malwares. What's your opinion on that? Do you think it's the cause of that freeze?

And if it is, what are the best tools to get rid of such spywares/malwares? Right now I have Avast! Pro and hmm... Not anti-spiware util. I also have the default Windows Firewall.
#2 - Jakg
Does it work in Safe Mode (press F8 during the Windows loading screen, ideally mash the key through the BIOS too).
Yes I'm on the infested computer right now. As I said upper, a system restore got rid of it partly in the way that now I can get on the computer. But I'm pretty sure the spyware is still there.
Could it be due to a virtual drive trying to open the image on my HDD??
Well, the later versions of Daemon tools do come with an Opt-in "malware" application, and they use very deceptive words, that require you to read carefully. The virtual drive shouldn't make that much of a difference, seeing I have Daemon tools installed on all of my machines with no harm.
So, what's your suggestion??
... I do believe though that it does put an add/remove item for said malware (it's theoretically malware, but the way it's implemented, is more of ad-supported software), but I'm not too sure. Maybe go in there and search through add/remove to find it by chance.
I created a topic at Daemon Tools but they have to see if it's politically correct to be showed. Viva censore!
Ok, I deleted what you posted, did a full scan with Avast!, and one with Ad-Aware. But it still does the same thing on startup.
Quote from Riders Motion :After that there was a kind of yellow/gold screen with horizontal lines and nothing.

i do not like that. i do not think it is supposed to do that... can you take a screenshot?
It's all solved. For some reason when I uninstalled Daemon Tools it stole a few of my Xtreme-G display drivers. I got new display drivers and it solved my problem. Shows how much a stupid thing as display drivers can cause problem when not looked at carefully.

/topic

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG