The online racing simulator
I'm pretty sure it has sometinh do to with the road tyres grip, when they are starting to slip/gripping. Like the RA when it slides, first no grip and big slide, then suddenly all grip and wheee! But I'd say that the suspension might need some rework too... If you look those videos you can see the cars doing little slides every now and then but in LFS it is more like no slide, no slide, BIIIG slide, no slide, no slide. One thing I'd like to know is that how sensitive those sevens are for throttle lift in corners...

PS: The RA was nice with slicks, needs completely new and different setup for slicks though
Yesterday, i finally set in the control panel, the options spring effect and damper effect to 0 (was 100 before) after stumbling upon some posts of Tristan and others.. I never changed those options, always thought that on 100 it is the best.. illepall Anyway, after setting them to 0, it's like i aplied some new physics patch! Tried the LX4, and what a feedback did i recieve! I feel like a total fool, playing with those wrong settings all this time.. So, now i have MUCH more feedback from the wheel, and i found the driving pleasure now as twice as good then before.. I feel all those elevation changes, going over bumps, cerbs, much more precise and detailed now.. LX4 felt in total control now, and i could really drive it normally, BUT, you have to accept one thing.. we do not have any G forces, the pedals are plastic without resistance(to most) and the wheel is not near the quality of real life wheels.. So you must be very cafeful driving cars in simulations. When i sometimes totally imagine that i am in a real car, really racing.. then i tend to be extremely carefull with pedals, and extremely carefull with the wheel, and then the driving looks and feels just like the RL driving.. I know that you all know this, but doesn't hurt to remind you from time to time.. I am not saying that everything is OK with grip, and physics, but it is not as most people say it is, because they are just pushing the car more, then they would, and don't know the limits because of lacking g forces, and all this non resistance equipment that we use..
Quote from Boris Lozac :When i sometimes totally imagine that i am in a real car, really racing.. then i tend to be extremely carefull with pedals, and extremely carefull with the wheel, and then the driving looks and feels just like the RL driving.. I know that you all know this, but doesn't hurt to remind you from time to time..

That is a very stimulating feeling.
To Bob Smith: If you install the google player, and then choose to download the (link to) the video. Play it once in Google player (so that it really downloads it) and then you can just rename the gvi file it creates to an avi. It's a bit of a hassle, but worth it if you want to save a video or want to use it for something else.

Anyhoo: I watched those first 4 videos and I must say... Everyone (including the camera car) is sliding all over the place. Plenty of opposite lock. Granted, they do recover easily, but keep in mind those are privately owned cars so they're a wee bit more careful than we are in LFS.

So although you won't hear me say the LXs are the most realistic driving cars, IMHO the difference isn't as big as some people make it out to be...
Quote from deggis :Sliding <3

Yeah, and cool how he casually overtakes all the expensive Lotuses and Feraris .

Btw, that's the first LX6 type thing I've seen in RL (bulge on hood).

Edit: Sorry for the double post, didn't see the second page when I posted the first time...
i have a friend who has a track prepped lotus 7 and ive been round it around cadwell before, and it was so much fun.

btw, cadwells my fav track too, its a blast on my 400 and as its tight i can easily pass bigger bikes, cause the straights arnt big enough to make a huge difference
oh, and check out z cars, and try and find their twin zx9r engined caterham. that is mad. ive been in a single busa engined rwd mini, but id crap myself in the tiger

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG