The online racing simulator
Hacker
(44 posts, closed, started )
Hacker
Hi.
I dont know what section this goes in, but i thought this was the closest one.
Today(10 mins ago) i was on the WS.C Aston Cruise (please dont flame me) when i saw a hacker, or thats the only thing i came to.
He used somekind of hack that makes your car bounce and go out of the track, and he didnt get spectated or pitted either
Im attaching the whole replay, and watch _____, in the white FXO
I am "Captain Slow"

I am sorry if this isnt a hack, but i dont know anything else, that it could be

Regards Capt. Slow
Edit: just realized that there isnt any lfs-name so im uploading two pics with ingame name and user name,its on the same place on the connection list.

Edit2:removed the name..
oh come on!
56 views and noone is leaving a message?
Did you post this just to get attention or something? Did you put him up to it or what?
I've seen it before...

By using a memory editor, one can lock the X, Y and Z values of their car in place. When LFS tries to update them, it gets really confused, and you jump all over the place. Very few people know exactly what to do, as it isn't as simple as running a program, like the speedhack...

I don't think it's as high a priority as the speedhack issue to fix, but maybe server admins could individually ban those who use this?

Shame really, I know that guy, I thought he was sound
who wants to hack that?
#6 - pipa
i loved the reaction of the admin.

"Stop or ill ban you" haha.

But it should seriously be fixed imo.
hes learning as he goes hes found out how to add new gears in his FXO in 6th - 7th gear he said he wants to find the top speed value so he can acutally use the 6th and 7th gear
-
(Cash_FLow) DELETED by Cash_FLow
Quote from Robbo01 :hes learning as he goes hes found out how to add new gears in his FXO in 6th - 7th gear he said he wants to find the top speed value so he can acutally use the 6th and 7th gear

These are all new memory addresses. There's really no way to stop this, as the memory addresses are the same all of the time (except with each new patch). It's only a matter of time before someone slaps it into a program, and then it's speedhack all over again
That was scary
Quote from shiny_red_cobra :Did you post this just to get attention or something? Did you put him up to it or what?

no i didnt..i was pointing out a person who isnt doing something good with lfs, if i can say it that way...

and as Robbo said, i heard him talking about something with values to so he could get more gears on the cars..and in my ears that is hacking...
it's too bad they can't encrypt the memory stack... would stop this and tweak dead...
LOL! "HOW THE DUCK!?"

I'm glad my name gets mentioned in cruise servers
Anyway, name and shame, better you told that to the devs.
Quote from Stefani24 :Anyway, name and shame, better you told that to the devs.

Name and shame aint that bad.

He deserves to be burned

aha and a little bit back from holiday
I rembered Victor(?) Removing names for hacking, so i dont think its even allowed.
I don´t understand your pictures. For sure not the right side one.
It says 13 connections on the list right hand side but there are a lot more connection bars on the bars to the left?
wow dude that was werid but what did that dude say how the duck haha but that was werid he just started floating
Quote from R.Kolz :I don´t understand your pictures. For sure not the right side one.
It says 13 connections on the list right hand side but there are a lot more connection bars on the bars to the left?

Connections (13) means that there are 13 players (inkl the host) connected.
Never knew what the bars there were, but they have anything to do with the internet.
-
(shaun463) DELETED by shaun463 : I was being an idiot and Sam H kindly pointed it out :).
soooo how could this be a problem for a cruise server? you get more money or something?
Quote from Stefani24 :I rembered Victor(?) Removing names for hacking, so i dont think its even allowed.

k ill remove the pics and the mpr..
Quote from Sueycide_FD :soooo how could this be a problem for a cruise server? you get more money or something?

No. but he could be using it on race servers and it annoys everyone.
Quote from asbjoern :k ill remove the pics and the mpr..

It is forbidden to post things like "Driver A" is hacker, everyone ban him!", but its allowed to post a replay where everyone can watch what really happend and make his own opinion
Quote from [RF]-art555 :It is forbidden to post things like "Driver A" is hacker, everyone ban him!", but its allowed to post a replay where everyone can watch what really happend and make his own opinion

ok...nice to know..
Really, there is no basis for him to be perma-banned...you wouldn't get a master server ban for using Tweak or something similar online, and this is the exact same thing (kind of. It's still memory editing). It doesn't get him any advantage, and if he uses it to cause nuisance on a specific server, the moderators of that server can ban him as they see fit.

It's up to Scawen to code dynamic memory addresses or something to stop it. But of course, a new workaround will be found then, so really there's no point
This thread is closed

Hacker
(44 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG