The online racing simulator
Regulations
(7 posts, started )
Regulations
I have a suggestion,

When I start a multiplayer mode there is a screen with some info (about demo servers = crashers etc.). I think it would be a good idea to create a sort of list of regulations concerning racing on a track and put them on that screen. Only a few paragraphs not to worry the player too much but saying how to behave during overtaking on corners, who has pas, who should slow down, what are the flags for - something like FIA regulations but shortened to the minimum.
Many players dont know (especially newbies) what are the rules on the circuit so I think it would be quite sensefull idea
I agree, I don't really like the current screen too much, it gives the impression that it's ok to crash on demo education is a better option I think, with maybe a small disclaimer at the bottom about demo being unlic so therefore behaviour can't be controlled...
I also think that some links in the game itself to lfsworld, lfsforum and the main site would be good for those that are first trying the game
Actually I would take it a bit further than that, in actual S2 servers:

when logging in to a server, properly display a text with an introduction and the regulations that are set up for this particular server.

That's because some servers, such as drifting servers, might not care about the flag thingies or clean racing at all.

It would also bring the appropriate mood to people connecting to a server.
Definitely like the education aspect. In all honesty, when I was still demo, I saw far more "newbies" than wreckers, who just didn't understand our online racing here or car control in LFS or how serious everyone takes it, than wreckers. Most folks I would see messing around on the track and doing donuts and stuff, it only took a few chat lines for them to understand and maybe a little spectating and helping them out to get them in the race with decent car control and pulling them into the light of serious online racing rather than "messing around and playing a game".
Yeah, something like the "message of the day" system of some other games would be a good addition. The insim generated "Race fair & clean" doesn't really cut it...
Quote from AndroidXP :Yeah, something like the "message of the day" system of some other games would be a good addition. The insim generated "Race fair & clean" doesn't really cut it...

Message of the Day has been suggested before and it really is sorely needed. It would be nice for server admins to be able to lay out the "rules of the road" as soon as you connect. It seems like most every other server/client game has this, so I'm not sure why LFS doesn't.
#7 - X-Ter
I use AutoMessage at the moment to tell new visitors where the rules can be found. Ok so they don't disconnect and go to the site and read the rules, but suddenly, they are aware that there are tules. Helps a bit
But... Some sort of screen that display the basic rules before they enter the track would be most welcome.

Regulations
(7 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG