The online racing simulator
#1 - Danke
ARCA Sim Racing to allow semi-official content
I saw this on RSC... ASR is going to let average Joes make tracks for them.

http://forum.racesimcentral.co ... p=3854660&postcount=9

Those familiar with ASR know that there have been big delays in getting tracks delivered on time. Now it seems they've turned to the community for help.

The key thing is that if you make a track, you have to submit it to the devs. If it passes their standards, they might put it in the game with an official patch.

Quote :
- All work must be original, you cannot use or convert from any other commercial product
- Creators are responsible to hold legal license for any software used to create/submit tracks, and may be asked to sign a consent/release of such
- You may use Rfactor track materials, agreements there have been made
- If you turn in or utilize anothers work, you are responsible for obtaining their permission
- If you are doing a real track, we will do what we can to obtain permission, but you're also expected to aid in getting the same
- You will be listed as a credited developer of the track and full recognition at the hosted track site when donwloaded
- Ficticious tracks are ok, as long as they can be used in a way with stock car physics
- TSF will grip the submitted tracks, optimize where needed, put real drivers onto the ones which are mimic'ing real ones and dev AIW's to work properly

Nordschleife in a stock car, anyone?
Quote from Danke :
Those familiar with ASR know that there have been big delays in getting tracks delivered on time. Now it seems they've turned to the community for help.

Not really, long before ASR's release the community did suggest, since ASR will be a progressive project, to let the community submit tracks and if the devs deem it good then it'll be part of an official list of tracks (instead of everyone doing what they want and creating millions of mods like rFactor). The devs agreed but only after a "while after release"

I was personally in that discussion because I would like to see some great track makers provide some great venues for me in ASR.

I'm glad to see the devs are sticking to their word
#3 - Danke
Ah ok. I wasn't aware of the history. Thanks for that.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG