The online racing simulator
LFS runs like crap on new system
I just upgraded my computer to a Intel Q9300 (quad core) and 4gb of ram. And LFS has been running at 3-4fps ever since. But the first time it ran (i reinstalled it for scratch) it didn't have any problems.

I'm running Vista 64bit SP1 (my old system was Vista 32bit SP1)
Quote from savman :I just upgraded my computer to a Intel Q9300 (quad core) and 4gb of ram. And LFS has been running at 3-4fps ever since. But the first time it ran (i reinstalled it for scratch) it didn't have any problems.

I'm running Vista 64bit SP1 (my old system was Vista 32bit SP1)

Maybe Video Drivers? or bios firmware?
#3 - Woz
What GFX card.

Quad core means NOTHING to LFS as it only uses a single core. So if you have integrated GFX you system is no better than a P4 of similar clock speed with integrated.

If you have good GFX card get latest drivers.
Nvidia 6800GT, i brought it over from my old system, ran at 100fps on that, and 100fps the first time on the new system.
It seems to be a driver problem, the only one i can get to work is the one that ships with vista. Does anyone know what version of nvidia 64bit driver is working?
Is it a laptop? If so, check its not on the power saver setting or something.
that was the first driver i tried.
what else is running on your system? try disabling crapero... i mean... 'aero'. while still on the desktop try looking at the cpu usage.
If it worked first time after installing have you tried another completely fresh install since?

If a fresh install doesn't get your FPS back (even one time) I think one of your drivers is very ill or you are overheating something to be only getting 3-4 FPS.
hmmm...

is it possible his mobo still has his on board gpu enabled?

just an idea...
Quote from JO53PHS :Is it a laptop? If so, check its not on the power saver setting or something.

Yeah a Q9300 in a laptop :smash3d:
Quote from Eleanor SpeedGT :Yeah a Q9300 in a laptop :smash3d:

well... he said he upgraded... and i think i've seen q9300 for laptops... so this isn't the reason we know he has a desktop

Quote from savman :Nvidia 6800GT, i brought it over from my old system, ran at 100fps on that, and 100fps the first time on the new system.

well... now we know he has a desktop

(j/k)
I know it's a driver issue, cause it works with the base Vista drivers everytime. Fresh install did SFA. I would stay with the old drivers, but then other games don't work up (yes games other than LFS what am i thinking). And yes it's a desktop, and no I don't have onboard graphics, and fixing the power sceme is the first thing i do when i build a Vista machine.
#15 - Barn
nvidia drivers sux realy bad,

buy ati, there drivers are rock solid
Nvidia always lead the way in drivers, unfortunatly they have dropped the ball. I would get a new gfx card if i didn't have to support real racing
#17 - arco
Tried upgrading the chipset drivers?
Quote from Eleanor SpeedGT :Yeah a Q9300 in a laptop :smash3d:

lol but there is a q9300 coming for laptops so just search google and you will see. i believe its a driver problem
right i've found that my card only accelerates in 64 apps (HL2, crysis 64 bit, WMP 64...) which realy gives me the shits. So whens LFS 64bit coming out :P
I would suggest changing the OS to XP SP2. Once you get a newer PC, and you put a lower OS, I have observed that the pc in some cases is faster. Then get even a nVidia, or ATi card and blah blah blah update drivers, and boom good system. I wish I had the money to do that, I am running XP SP2, but stuck with FX5200 that I bought because my integraded card blew up. New patches coming with more hi-res stuff is like kyriptonite[spelling] on my pc.
Quote from savman :right i've found that my card only accelerates in 64 apps (HL2, crysis 64 bit, WMP 64...) which realy gives me the shits. So whens LFS 64bit coming out :P

what? that doesn't make sense. what card do you have and how do you know that it has only 64bit hardware graphics? an other question: why would the card care if the app is 32/64? it has its own instruction set. only the driver is important...

Quote from NoYPiDRiFTER :my integraded card blew up.

what? the IGP is inside a chip that has a lot of other stuff. that is why they call it integrated... it is integrated with other capabilities, in a single chip. how did you check that the IGP is broken?
maybe the DVI/DSUB connector is faulty?
#22 - Jakg
*facepalm* at this thread.

It really is blind leading the blind (with one exception).
Quote from george_tsiros :what? that doesn't make sense. what card do you have and how do you know that it has only 64bit hardware graphics? an other question: why would the card care if the app is 32/64? it has its own instruction set. only the driver is important...

when i say the card, i ment the driver. it's just unbeliavbly stupid, Nvidia have brocken the 32bit direct3d acceleration with their driver. WMP32 runs like crap, WMP64 works. Crysis 32 runs like crap, Crysis 64 works. HL2 works (it's 64 bit) BF2, and LFS don't work. The only corilation i see is the 32 bit, 64 bit.

I got the omega drivers, and that has fixed it.

Going back to XP isn't a fix, it's a work around. I've got legal access to all the Windows versions from work (Microsoft Premium partner), and i'm not going back to XP.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG