The online racing simulator
Kicked and want in!!!
(18 posts, started )
Kicked and want in!!!
I have been kicked/banned from 2 servers because another hit me and because of a driver thought i had created a colision. How do i get back in i.e is here a code i can change in my prefs and if so where
#2 - Gunn
Contact the server admin and discuss it with him/her/them. If you have been kicked for good reason then maybe look at your replay to see why. If you have been kicked unfairly then maybe just don't go back there again.
#3 - ORION
if it was a vote, you will most likely be banned for 24h, if an admin did that manually, you will likely not visit thie server again in your whole life

However, I dont think you get banned twice, being unguilty in both of the cases.
havent been playing that long (about 3 weeks and about 6 hours a week, dont you hate real life getting in way)

anyway back to point about behaviour on demo servers

has anyone else noticed a trend for people who are fast to instantly start a vote if they get hit hard by anyone at the first corner, on sunday night driver A had been racing for a while and whilst not fast he was courteous and safe, Driver B joined and promptly won the next race. Next race Driver A was in front of me and when i got nudged in the run to first corner i clipped him and spun him onto grass on right. now it doesnt matter if your the illicit love child of m schumacher and that german woman whos sooo fast round the ring*, you are not going to stop if your going backwards on the grass.

result ? he shoots across the exit of the corner and takes driver B out into the wall. instantly driver B is hurling (profrane) abuse and starting a vote to ban him ! it took a couple of minutes to convince him it wasn't A's fault and even then it was with ill grace.

ironically later on B managed to misjudge it at end of straight and took 4 people out but of course that was just an accident and not his fault

*just found her name

Sabine Schmitz
i totally agree!!!!!

People are too eager to kick/ban on the servers. I think one of the worst things about playing LFS. something needs to be done to stop people being kicked or banned for a simple accident. IT IS ruining the game.

There should be a 3 strikes and your out implimented some how and then maybe a vote to kick but never ban.
tinvek, in the case you mentioned, while it wasn't Driver A's fault that Driver B got taken out, it sounds like it was at least partially your fault. If you're on a public server, let alone a public demo server, where you don't know the other drivers very well, it's always best to take it easy when in traffic. Brake about 25-50 meters earlier in T1. You might lose a position or two but you also greatly reduce the chance of a big pileup. If someone's behind you, start braking even earlier, but more gradually to give the person behind you time to realize you are braking early.
-
(thisnameistaken) DELETED by thisnameistaken
Quote from Forbin :If someone's behind you, start braking even earlier, but more gradually to give the person behind you time to realize you are braking early.

Yes, yes, I hate these people who think they are doing everyone a great favour by slamming on the brakes 50 m before the braking point. If you want to be careful about not hitting anybody else, do not forget to be careful that nobody is in big risk of hitting you...
you have been banned, coz u dont have an ipod.
Forbin, he does say "Driver A was in front of me and when i got nudged in the run to first corner i clipped him and spun him onto grass on right." so you could take that as the guy who nudged him is at "fault" though sounds more like a racing incident than anyone's fault. So it sounds like he got nudged which caused him to clip Driver A and put driver A into the spin. The little nudges are tough as there is such lag at T1 until the field gets spread out. The only ones that should be getting the votes would be the deliberate no braking and driving straight through the field with no trying to avoid. Racing incidents and accidents happen. And as thisnameistaken said, there are far less "wreckers" on licensed servers, so people are more inclined to understand most incidents are just that, racing incidents/lag created. Sometimes little nudges are close racing and with lag sometimes little nudges can be catastrophic. And on license servers, a quick "sorry bud!" goes a long way, at least in the US evenings where most everyone knows everyone else since there are usually less than 100 online compared with 500 at European times.
Quote from thisnameistaken :BTW: Votes to remove a driver are much rarer on licensed servers. There are very, very few deliberate wreckers, and everybody knows that, so they're more forgiving of mistakes because they assume it's most likely an honest mistake.

I was abou to say, I've only ever raced on licenced servers and I've only seen 2 people banned. Both were after really serious being a twat.
Quote from KiDCoDEa :you have been banned, coz u dont have an ipod.

lol Funny avatar. He must be listening to trance music.

~*~*~*~tinyk~*~*~*~
^
mrodgers, yes, but the point I was trying to make is, don't get into a situation where a little nudge could cause you to take someone else out.
-
(thisnameistaken) DELETED by thisnameistaken
Quote from Forbin :mrodgers, yes, but the point I was trying to make is, don't get into a situation where a little nudge could cause you to take someone else out.

Exactly, don't put yourself in that situation and it won't happen. Thats what I did in karting, never flipped or bent anything besides a tierod in 7 years. Would have been 8 years but a cry baby of a 40 year old decided to rejoin the track right infront of me instead of waiting for the pack to go by. Hit my right rear, bent my axle and cracked my disc brake. Worst part is his dad is the local kart dealer, and his brother is the race director, so he gets off. Had to bend my axle back into "RACEABLE" condition with a 2X4 for the next race, disc was still useable, but you could really feel the crack under heavy braking.

Luckly for LFS, theres not a lot of politics involved. I'll shut up now
Quote from thisnameistaken :Wise words.

Unless, of course, you know the other driver well and you know he's "up for it", in which case you'll get some of the best racing LFS can provide

Poppn - I miss racing you, wherever you are

yeah but it doesnt always work does it

i had been racing alongside A for a while and he was safe but slow, we were both in the front wheel drive car (cant remember names lol old age again ?) and everyone else was in turbo's.

from start eveyone dissapeared in front apart from 1 slow starter, at 150 to 125 from corner myself and A were side by side both beginning to slow due to congestion ahead with turbos getting in each other's way. A was to right of track i was in middle leaving the normal line free for the late starter who was comming up "pretty" quick. unfortunatly as the late starter braked he slid and clipped me starting the chain of events.

personnaly i would say that we were in control happy with the space to each other and well clear of the cars in front and had left more than sufficient space for the last car to pass though obviously expecting to level with him at end of braking, talking with the late starter he misjudged his line and tried to swerve whilst braking and caught me. in his defence he wasnt going stupidly fast as he corrected and made the turn as did i, the only loosers being A and B.

in other words i would say it was a racing accident and wouldn't have even raised a comment if not for B's hissy fit and demands for a ban. certainly it was no worse than his mistake later when he completely missed his braking point and took out 4 cars

but of course he is a good driver and that was different

my main gripe was the fact that this driver was judging A on this 1 incident after only completed 1 race with him, personally i refuse to join in votes for at least 5 races after joining unless i have witnessed the driver in question behaving in bad fashion more than twice
Would this be the same tinvek from AA, if so hello m8, you do know AA have both a demo and full server running.
yep its me

theres only one that i know of

bizarly theres a company called invek set up 2 miles from house but thats it

yeah i am aware of servers and use demo sometimes

Kicked and want in!!!
(18 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG