The online racing simulator
In Game Recording, (fraps, ZD soft game recorder etc..)
Basically, does anybody know of a decent video recording program that will allow you to record in-game footage, that doesnt kill the fps and sound, as i have tried FRAPS, and ZD soft game recorder, both of which display a healthy 50-55 fps until i start recording, i then get a jerky, slow, slideshow like screen with messed up sound, and a frame rate of 1, sometimes 0 fps. I know my pc isnt the best spec in the world, (pentium 4 2.53 ghz, XP sp3, 1gb ram, nvidia geforce fx550 gfx card) but i know of at least two other people, one of them who has a very new and fast pc stripped and set up fpr gaming who suffers the same problems. I have set all the in-game graphics down to the lowests settings, switched off haze effect, lod, etc... Any other ideas???
#2 - Jakg
Set LFS to 16-bit.
-Try to capture while LFS is in windowed mode (shift+F4)
-Capture LFS in a very low resolution, like 320x240, to see if your HDD is the bottleneck.
-Let Windows defragment the disk/partition where Fraps saves the video

Fraps is already very fast, I don't think you will find a much better capturing tool. GLC is very efficient, but it's only for Linux and OpenGL (I know this doesn't help you ).

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG