The online racing simulator
XR Texture Colour Problem
(5 posts, started )
Heya guys. Was wondering if any of you fellow LFS'ers can help with this...

Basically i decided to slightly change the colour of the Interior texture of the XR cars, because to me it looks a little on the green side, and i'd like it to be darker / more black. However, when i changed the texture file using photoshop to make it darker it didnt work... just stayed the same green :S "Oh well" i thought, maybe its just that particular texture... so i then tried the "Leather3" texture as its quite a nice one, darkened it a little and re named it... but in LFS its still the same green colour... however i think the actual texture has changed slightly. So has anyone else had this problem and knows how to solve it? if so please help thanks in advance;

Craig R

P.S not sure if this is the right section, so please move if appropriate
Are you saving to .DDS format?
Yup. i change it to a JPEG to alter it in photoshop, then change it back to .dds before i put it in the .dds folder in LFS
You "changed it to JPEG"
Did you just rename it, because you know, files don't work like that.
I have to change it to a JPEG file using a converter to change the texture to how i want it... then when im done adjusting, i change it back to .dds format before putting the new, adjusted file back into the LFS folder where i took it from... as i said in the previous post. I know what i'm doing as ive adjusted interiors before... and never had a problem ... untill now... all i want to know is why the colour isn't changing and if anyone else has had this problem.

(5 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG