The online racing simulator
auto gears 'sticking'
(8 posts, started )
auto gears 'sticking'
i have noticed that with auto gears, if cornering at higher revs, the car will 'stick' in gear at high revs, where it sounds like it should be changing to the next gear. It also does a similar thing coming off the grid sometimes. I will be in first gear, revs high, clutch in, the green light comes on and i release the clutch. the gears then go straight into 2nd and really sluggish for a second, before re-selecting 1st gear and off we go. After all that, all the other cars are well ahead of me. Is this a common problem and are there any possibilites what could be causing it???
#2 - Woz
Quote from danthebangerboy :i have noticed that with auto gears, if cornering at higher revs, the car will 'stick' in gear at high revs, where it sounds like it should be changing to the next gear. It also does a similar thing coming off the grid sometimes. I will be in first gear, revs high, clutch in, the green light comes on and i release the clutch. the gears then go straight into 2nd and really sluggish for a second, before re-selecting 1st gear and off we go. After all that, all the other cars are well ahead of me. Is this a common problem and are there any possibilites what could be causing it???

You have to lift off the gas before you change in most cars apart from the big race cars

HTH
Quote from Woz :You have to lift off the gas before you change in most cars apart from the big race cars

HTH

auto gears........

this happens a lot, just dont rev it to much at the start and if you want it to change up, just do it manually, then let the auto gears do its thing
Shift manually, that's much more fun.
good point, but i tend to use the banger racing servers a lot and if you end up in the fence at the end of the straight, thats a lot of clicks on the paddles to get into reverse before someone obliterates me!
Quote from khoianh94 :Shift manually, that's much more fun.

I have to agree.. it adds so much to the experience I cant imagine using auto..
+1 for shifting manually
Just don't drive like a dork, and the gears are fine..

auto gears 'sticking'
(8 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG