The online racing simulator
#1 - Zany
Being alien-like fast , what's the secret?
Hey guys,

I've been playing the demo for a few months now and am rather quick on the BL1- FBM combo. Current PB is a 1.13.12. The problem is tho that I just can't seem to get beyond that. I have watched the WR replay for atleast a billion times. I tried copying his lines and everything but I can't even get under the 1.12. My question is ( and it's not only focussed on this particular combo) What is the trick/secret behind setting a wr, or even a really good time. I know patience + practising is one thing but there must be more than that!

hope to hear from you guys and help me get into the 1.12's

Greetings,

Zany
#2 - J@tko
A hell of alot of practice and skill.

You might be reaching the block where it is actually impossible for you to go any faster, no matter how you try.

Some people just have an amazing nack for driving. Even if i drove Hamilton's car for like a million laps around silverstone, I'd still be slower, just cos I'm a shit driver and he's not
Practice is everything, experimenting with a goal (rather than random) and most important is 'feel' and that only comes naturally and cannot be taught, but i think everybody eventually can get the 'feel' its just to what extent.

Simon
For me, 1:13 IS already alien-fast. I can hardly make a 1:16 with the same set.
#5 - Zany
I think I suffer from being a perfectionist. I have the urge to race all day long just to reach the goal and be the fastest... So Bascially I need to practice even more than 3 hours a day ? :O
#6 - Bean0
In no particular order...

Raw talent.
Practise.
Use of Exploits
#7 - migf1
Sometimes it helps to take a break and try again after a while. Other times it helps to try the car on different tracks (or other cars in the same track) and return after a while to the combo you are most interested in. Other times it helps to try a completely differenet combo (or combos) for a while before you get back to the one you are interesetd in. Also, it often helps to tweak a bit the setup, in order to bring it closer to your particulal style of driving.

There's not really a formula.
#8 - amp88
They have more talent than normal drivers. Even with all the time and help in the world we would never be as fast as the true aliens. It's a disappointing/depressing thing but it's true. Practise can only take you so far.
do what i say
Consitatsy,not being dumb,and buy a wheel
Practice, but a lot of it comes down to talent. Some have it, some do not.

I am not talented. I can hold my own on the track, but I will forever be a middle pack finisher, and I am happy with that. If you are happy to aspire to be the best, DO IT.
But, if it immensely frustrates you to no end that you cannot be the fastest, rethink your priorities, or risk being a very unhappy, insecure person.
#11 - Zany
Well I think I have a slight bit of talent (yeey :P) Just had a go on Fe Green with the FBM and done a 1.05.85 with an in development setup and still learning the track. I thought I'd have a go at it since it would change the routine I have atm ( which is BLGP all the time ...)
err... nevermind.

what are you doing at a friends house at 01:17 in the night?
#13 - Zany
Hmm what do you mean?
Quote from Zany :Well I think I have a slight bit of talent (yeey :P) Just had a go on Fe Green with the FBM and done a 1.05.85 with an in development setup and still learning the track. I thought I'd have a go at it since it would change the routine I have atm ( which is BLGP all the time ...)

World record is 1:04.6...that is pretty good. Me? 1:09. But, I have fun.

EDIT: I cannot believe this went over my head...demo + Fern Bay...

Let the bodies hit the floor.
oh, zany, were you playing at home?
#16 - Zany
I am, what's the problem anyway?

and Jayhawk, I have fun too, trying to get faster and faster :P
i did not know Fern Bay Green was available to demo users.

edit: that is how it is done.
#18 - Zany
Oh damn, still logged into my old account. Sorry!
Quote from Zany :Oh damn, still logged into my old account. Sorry!

Login to your S2 Licenced account please, Duplicate Accounts are not allowed on this forum and when posting Licenced content under a demo account causes alot of questioning and Finger pointing namely towards a user with a Cracked LFS Game.

The Zany account has now been Banned, Please post with your S2 Licenced account in future.
Here you go. A bit odd getting "banned" for just using my old account but hey, If that's neccesary do it .

Hope we can continue with the topic now
Quote from Rikje :Here you go. A bit odd getting "banned" for just using my old account but hey, If that's neccesary do it .

Hope we can continue with the topic now

It is something that has to be done. Causes too much hastle otherwise. there are very few exceptions. (and most exceptions have both / all accounts licenced)

Thanks for confirming your Licenced account though.

as for being alien-like fast.. I find the best way is to not try, Its faster to be slower sometimes.
Hmm do you mean that you can get faster by not focussing on speed that much or something ? That might be a bit of help because I'm constantly thinking "I can gain a few tenths there if a brake a bit later" while I should be focussing on the track ahead instead.
preety much yeah .

example:

Aston Club XFR, T1, can be done with tyres screaming and a good line at 60mph, but you have to wait for the grip on the exit and you lose any "spare" speed and grip that you might need when in a close race with somebody.

Whereas if you take it at 54 - 56 Mph then you have consistant speed and grip through the entire corner, so your saving your tyres and have all the grip you need for the exit of the corner.

I might be wrong on the exact speeds there... but im sure you get the jist of it. Slow in , Fast out

Although it will still vary massively on your driving style. Although this works for me. It might not do you any good at all. Having said that though, you never know til' you try.
#24 - dev
Today I shaved a whole second of my PB on the CTRA 1 server (XFG, a South City track, I can't remember exactly which one) by CASUALLY following a racer in front of me I didn't even notice how fast I was going until I crossed the finish line...
I got to admit driving behind a fast guy really improves your times without noticing. I was on CTRA SS1 today racing a good mate of mine. I was really pushing it and eventually got into the 1.40's without too much of a hassle. But before I joined I had to struggle just doing 1.41.2X's. Too bad I'm almost passed that stage because most of the time I'm quicker than the midfield but slower than the REALLY fast guys. Would a league be a good idea to improve my overall speed ? If so got any suggestions on which I could join? ( Preferably on saturday night)

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG