The online racing simulator
The ultimate off-roading machine
(75 posts, started )

Poll : Which is the ultimate off-road vehicle

Closed since :
Other... (please post them if I missed anyone)
The old Land Rovers
The Unimog
The Toyota
The buggys
The Land Rover
The Jeep
The Hummer
#1 - BAMBO
After "Hummer vs Jeep" (and a flame war:schwitz I decided that I'm going to set things clear. I'm sorry if I created disturbance in the community and if I insulted anyone.I decided that I'm going to repair my mistakes by doing this good the good way.

Rules: -You can post any amateur/journalist video of your favourite contender
-No flamming and no debates of the type "X is better then Y"
-Don't post videos that shows the opponents of your favourite in a "Trail rated for the mall" type of video.

PS: Yes, this is going to be a poll
PS2: Please don't flame me
The Unimog, HELL YEA
-
(BAMBO) DELETED by BAMBO
The Land Rover?

Land Rover currently make the Defender, Discovery, Range Rover (plus Sport) and Freelander.

The other companies also make many different types of vehicle. Minus Unimog which is made by Mercedes-Benz, I mean even Hummer have 3 models and "The old Land Rovers" are just the Defender before it gained its name.

Ambiguous polls much?
#4 - Gil07
#5 - BAMBO
Gilo7: Rule three says ''Don't post videos that shows the opponents of your favourite in a "Trail rated for the mall" type of video.'' Please choose another video just of the tractor
#6 - wark

If you meant cars, then a WRC car...
#8 - word.
Quote from wark :
If you meant cars, then a WRC car...

Is not really a off-road vehicle is it? Yes, it's off-road like off-tarmac but not off-road.

Can't really say. From the list I've only driven the Unimog and some old Land Rover, but neither have I driven in proper off-road conditions like a Sisu SA-150 off-road truck. Gets the job done and most importantly is simple with no silly computers telling you what to do. :P
Best off roader...
A PAIR OF FEET!!!!!
Can get places no car (or bike) can get!
I chose Other, as it's 2 wheels, not 4, that makes the best off-roader...

Best at off-roading is a trials bike (not that pansy mountain bike stuff either, a motorbike), it can go anywhere with a good rider. Tops out at about 80MPH for those mountain roads, yet can go up the steepest hill you can find, and over the roughest/wettest/marshiest ground you can find. They have amazing torque, and can apparently climb perfectly vertical in first gear, if it was possible to do so without falling backwards

So not only are they faster than any 4-wheeler off-road, they'll go further, and are more comfortable. Plus, they'll beat all other types of bikes off the road, which makes them the best. Ever.
Why no Mitsubishi Pajero? Its the car i drive. My dad drives a Land Rover, but i like so much more the Pajero
The best at what type of off-roading? Rockcrawling? Mudrunning? High speed dirt/gravel roads? Trail riding? Baja/Dakar?

As has been said already, too general of choices. "The Toyota" is Hilux, Pickup truck, Land Cruiser.... Even narrowing it down to the Toyota Land Cruiser, you have the FJ40, FJ45, FJ55, FJ60, FJ80.....

Jeep - Willys, CJ5, CJ7, Wrangler, YJ, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, Wagoneer, Liberty....

Most will say the Unimog. The off-roading I would like to do, you will not get through with a Unimog. Simply too big. There are better vehicles for one type of off-roading and other better vehicles for another type of off-roading.
#17 - wark
Quote from Blackout :Is not really a off-road vehicle is it? Yes, it's off-road like off-tarmac but not off-road.

Good point! but that just goes to show that there will be a best-vehicle for every type of terrain (and there are a lot!).

and even then WRC cars could of course be made better if unrestricted...
I believe the T 90 would perform better than any of the above
Actually no Squidhead, go in a forest and the tank won't be able to move without destroying the turrent, and the driver wouldn't like to ripp off a 20 million dollars turrent now would he? But if you brought it up, I think an Abraham would do better then a T 90
Riders Motion, you won't be able to "piss me off" .
Land Rover Defender 90 is the daddy of off-road vehicles. Ask any 4WD enthusiast.

Although that T90 might have the edge
Quote from BAMBO :Actually no Squidhead, go in a forest and the tank won't be able to move without destroying the turrent, and the driver wouldn't like to ripp off a 20 million dollars turrent now would he? But if you brought it up, I think an Abraham would do better then a T 90

Well...tanks usually weight around 50 tons so they will plow rather easily trough some forest. Just turn the turret facing rear and you have no problem with trees whatsoever. Problem with a tank is that they need constant refilling, so you'd run out of diesel rather quick without support vehicle.

So again, it depends on what kind of off-road vehicle we are looking for.
Indeed, but you would run out of gas pretty soon, it uses nitro if I remember correct.
And a tank can't be called the ultimate off-roading machine because no one can buy it, excepting military forces, but they don't count.
i'm sorry but where is the range rover?
#25 - dev
The Uaz :headbang:

(75 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG