The online racing simulator

Poll : The LFSCART light division...

... would be better with only the FOX.
... is a good idea. I'd be interested in joining.
... is a crap idea, because...
... would be better with only the FBM.
after Round 6

Round 7 Final Round - Grand Prix of Japan
Dear racers. The final round of LFSCART will be this sunday on the 1,9mi Oval of Kyoto, using the clockwise (reversed) direction.

1900UTC - Qualifying
1930UTC - Sprint Race of 15 laps, rolling start, 2 formation laps
2000UTC - Feature Race of 55 laps, rolling start, 2 formation laps, madentory pitstop

For personal reasons, I cannot be there, sothat Dekojester is going to be in charge this Round.
due to some new events I'll be there today!
Round 7 Post-Race Discussion
Here's the place to banter about the race !

d
First of all, I want to thank all the drivers who competed in the LFSCART, you did great races and there was some great scenes over this season, great fights, some accidents, but in the end, everything went really fair. Then I want to thank FRO. You gave me some great support during this season, additionally the FRO team was really reliable, their drivers were ready to race at each point of time, and their servers were stable. We did not have big issues with disconnects. I also want to thank Hyntty in this context. Finally I have to thank the team around New Dimension Racing Events. You helped me running this series, and also it was great how interested you were into the Kyoto 500 + LFSCART combination thingy, and in the end with the join.

Thank you Thank you Thank you

You want to have any information about season two? I can give you one: It will be bigger and better! Stay tuned!

By the way... the unofficial season standings... please keep the unofficial in mind, as we have several incidents:

So our Top three racers would be:

1. Erikson
2. Venäläinen
3. Smith

Team Championship top three:

1. Formula Racing
2. saucisse de foie
3. Gospel of Torque

And the winners of the Road To Victory Cup

1. Agari
2. Erikson
3. Venäläinen
And here is the replay package from Round 7. It includes Qualifying, Sprint Race and Feature Race.

Results coming in the next few hours, once I finish plonking them through LFSStats.

d
Cheers guys.
I just want to say a big thanks to both of you for all the effort you put into organising it! Exceptional work, I'm just sorry I couldn't make more races.
Wow, what a brilliant finish to the season with one of the best passing moves ive seen on the reverse oval when Maissi passed Hibex in the last corner of the last lap. Awesome move Maissi. Hib may say he gave you some room there eh, rofl. Brilliant race both of you!

Congratulations to series Champion Hibex on a well deserved victory in CART 'Season 1 superb driving throughout! brilliant races and some unlucky incidents but always maximum speed throughout the year and a fantastic 2nd place in the series to Maissi, pushing Hibex hard right to the last corner of the series! awesome work. Congratulations also to Brit ORC with consistent drives for the points taking home a 3rd place in the series and completing a FRO 1, 2, 3! awesome performance guys!

Nice to see Matze winning a award as his performances over the last two rounds earnt that for sure, great debut drive on the Oval and unlucky with the rule infringement.

Thanks to Falke for the getting this league going and to NDR for smooth run events as always fun to drive in and making this a great league! It really was enjoyable and think the partnership with NDR should mean a great show in season II.

Cannot wait!
Great racing yesterday, didn't expect so much fun from oval race, but it was.
Crashed in pre-last lap in sprint but in feature race, after SC let us racing, it was really blast.

Thanks for organisation and congrats to winners.
Improvement suggestions for Season 2
Hi... I know it was a bit quiet the past time... but I hope you're able to remember Season 1, sothat it can be improved in season 2
one thing will be changed: The Oval Races will be longer.

I think the road to season 2 begins right here right now.
Final Results

Well for one thing, we somehow need to get more of the entrants to turn up, or just get more entrants all together

You should spam LFSCART info onto every LFS related forum you know
Do you want a LFSCART light class?
Well before Season 2 starts, (wich will be still much time till then), I want to ask how high the level of interest is, in a CART light division. The CART light division would contain two classes: The FOX and the FBM class. Both would race in the same grid to my plannings.

with this thread I simply want to know wheather there is any interest in this idea.
You're f*cking insane....

But a brilliant idea, magnificent

Just one quesion, don't fbm's pwn fxo's? What's the catch there?
shit... shit... misspelled the Formula XR

sry... I meant the FOX not the FXO..

damn...
Oh, man.... Formulas and touring cars would have been so great.

Guess it's just me who's insane.
Well before Season 2 starts, (wich will be still much time till then), I want to ask how high the level of interest is, in a CART light division. The CART light division would contain two classes: The FOX and the FBM class. Both would race in the same grid to my plannings.

with this thread I simply want to know wheather there is any interest in this idea.
-
Do you want a LFSCART light class? (TFalke55) DELETED by TFalke55
after some very complicated moderating things, I finaly did it and corrected the poll!
Quote :... is a crap idea, because...

Because you have not proven the viability of the main series yet.

As winners of the LFSCART team title, 1st in the drivers tables, sponsors of the server and racers, guess we have a right to make a point.

So here it is, the last season of LFSCART was a total utter fail.

Many times our team nearly the only ones there. Many times our team along with Hynnty, and our invited friends from the FRO servers were only racers on the grid. Unless this series is marketed, maintained, results posted promptly and efforts made to attract and retain good drivers there is no main series to have support classes for.

So until there is absolute proof that the LFSCART series is viable, sustainable and promoted. There is no fecking point what so ever in discussing a support series. Last year we waited weeks for results from rounds from the main series for weeks and weeks, let alone 3 series!!

The main series needs marketing, it was proven to be able to attract drivers with the end of season races, however this for organizers should be a constantly ongoing effort, not a last gasp effort, which it was. It also is not the job of the racers to attract their own competitors.

Switching classes is also not the answer, the series was not full and this was due to no organiser effort to market or attract drivers. When the effort was made, you doubled the grid! Changing classes wont help and you cant have support series without a main class what they going to support.

Solve the problems experienced in the first season of LFSCART and sure, in future you could have many leagues, but without proving the 1st, then there will be nothing. You have a great formula for a great series, get it done.

Best wishes, Maz
Facts about Season 2009
I can release some information about the next season:

Three Oval Races: the SpeedWeek 400 (220 laps), The 2009 Kyoto 500 (270 laps), the Clockwise 300 (170 laps) with no Sprint Race
A bit longer feature races: stepping up from 75mi to 100mi and shortened qualifying, instead of 20min Session, a 10 min session.
The Jamaica 200 as an Endurance Race at Fern Bay Black (50 laps)

A pitwindow for the feature races' manantory pitstops.
New Rules concerning tyres.

Oval races will be all under the same rules (exept: double file start in the SpeedWeek 400 and the Clockwise 300, triple file in the Kyoto 500)

A point scheme wich rewards everyone who starts
Quote:
... is a crap idea, because...

see thread above, all the reasons are there. This would kill LFSCart...

Cu,

Matze
One of these logos will be the official one:

Logo 1 is last year's logo, with the 2009 instead of the 2008

Logo 2 is based on the ChampCar Logo of 2003

Logo 3 is based on this year's NASCAR Sprint Cup Logo

The Nations Cup will get its 2nd chance. The points are now given based on the position the first of a nation finishes.

Road to Victory and Oval Cup Awards will be given to the best Road Course and to the best Oval racer at the end of the season.

Max. 4 racers per Team per Race, max 6 racers per Team per Season. (But the possibility to found a 2nd team stays)

#1 can only be used by A.Erikson
#2, #3, #4 can be used by Formula Racing. As alternative, they have got the first picks to choose their Starting Numbers.
#01 can only be used by B.Goga for winning the Kyoto 500 (Season 09, the winner of the Oval Award will get this right)
M.Agari will get the second pick to choose his starting number for winning the Road to Victory Cup

Skin must include the Flag and the IOC country code on the side plates of the rear wing. BUT: The United Kingdom will be split in the Nations Cup into England (ENG) Wales (WAL) Scotland (SCO) and Northern Ireland (NIR) (not a final decision)
Number three! The best by far. Unless you do something to that cheesy irl logo in #2
-
(TFalke55) DELETED by TFalke55
I am seriously considering doing the next season coming up

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG