The online racing simulator
RBR chooses Vettel for 2009
(9 posts, started )
#1 - samjh
http://www.formula1.com/news/interviews/2008/7/8102.html

Great choice!

Natural choice perhaps, but still I'm relieved they chose Vettel. He has driven extremely well this year. His consistency needs improvement, but that will come with experience.

I wonder what Mark Webber thinks of it, in light of his outburst in Japan last year. "It's kids, isn't it? They have not got enough experience -- they do a good job and then they f-ck it all up." Hopefully they'll get along fine.
Quote from samjh :http://www.formula1.com/news/interviews/2008/7/8102.html

Great choice!

Natural choice perhaps, but still I'm relieved they chose Vettel. He has driven extremely well this year. His consistency needs improvement, but that will come with experience.

I wonder what Mark Webber thinks of it, in light of his outburst in Japan last year. "It's kids, isn't it? They have not got enough experience -- they do a good job and then they f-ck it all up." Hopefully they'll get along fine.

Red bull might be the team to watch in 09, they got adrian newey designing the car, and with a good driver line up they might be able to break into the lead pack.
afaik they had newie since like 06...
#4 - samjh
Yep, he joined RBR in 2006, but as their design for that year was already ripe, he couldn't change much.

The RB3 in 2007 was a real Newey car. Judging by that, and the performance of the RB4 this year, he hasn't lost his touch.

2009 is too much up-in-the-air. As usual, the rich teams will be best equipped to deal with the change, but some of the lower teams might throw some spanners in the works. BMW has already tested KERS, and Toyota and Honda both have significant expertise in KERS already outside of F1. They should be interesting to watch.

Mark's comment on Vettel's signing:
"So it's a real coup for Red Bull. He is the first real Red Bull-backed driver to come through their junior programme to have the talent to back the cash."
"If he blows me away people will say Webber's past it, but if I blow him away then people will say Vettel's not quick. That's normal. I had that with (Nico) Rosberg."
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/69213
I think it will be equal in 09 but vettel will probably take off afterwards.
Good for Redbull, but imo Vettel shouldn't stay longer than one year, he needs to drive something better and Redbull is, with all respect, just midfield car. Anyway GL to him.
Good to see him go up the ladder, but he won't be at RBR for long.
Quote from Kid222 :Good for Redbull, but imo Vettel shouldn't stay longer than one year, he needs to drive something better and Redbull is, with all respect, just midfield car. Anyway GL to him.

Well RedBull do have the money, and the design team as well(Newey), and with new rules next year I think we will have to wait and see if there still a mid field runner
I bet he can't wait, moving to a slower more unreliable car.

Just kidding obviously, hopefully next season the red bull car can take another step forward as Vettel showed today he certainly has the talent to push the car to its limit.

(9 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG