The online racing simulator
Triple Monitor without SLI or TH2G
(4 posts, started )
Hi All,

Does anyone know if there is a way to get a triple monitor set up without needing an SLI motherboard or needing to pay for Triple Head to Go.

My understanding was that SoftTH needs an SLI motherboard with 2 cards to attach the 3rd screen to? Is this correct and is there any way around this?

I dont have the cash to pay for TH2G but could stretch to another 17" LCD as I already have 1 17" and 1 19" widescreen but I dont have an SLI motherboard.

Thanks.

Dave.
#2 - Jakg
you don't need an SLi mobo, simply a mobo with 2 PCI-E slots, where both are over PCI-E 4x speed.

Any crossfire or SLi board will work fine, but there are other boards which have 2x PCI-e 4x+ slots without crossfire / SLi which work fine for SoftTH.
It should be noted after I bought my second graphics card, I could only use it in 2D as my second PCIe slot was only 1x and wasn't enough to run the card in 3D AT ALL, let alone worry about poor frame rate issues. I had to upgrade to the SLI version of the same motherboard in order to get triple screen gaming working.

While some graphics cards may support 1x operation, as Jack recommends, I'd be hesitant if you're secondary PCIe slot doesn't support (at least) 4x speed operation.

Alternatively you can use a standard PCI card, but framerate will suffer.
Thanks very much for the advice. I will look into my PCI express slot speeds.

Dave.

(4 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG