The online racing simulator
Need an adapter can anyone help
(16 posts, started )
Hi all

Im building a pc form scratch but until i have all the bts my old pc will be what im usingand far play to it it is reasonably good the only problem i had with it was the heat so i installed the fans like i showed you about a week ago but now i have a fan controller but to connect the two fans on the side i need a converter from a 4 pin molex connector to a 3 pin fan connector shown below and here is my pc.

So im after an adapter or some way of connecting them.
A
thats meant to go onto your motherboard that 3 pin one
I know But i have a fan controller so it now plugs into my fan controller so as my 2 fans are on 1 4 pin molex connector i need a converter so i can plug the 4 pin molex to a 3 pin fan conector.

A
#4 - Jakg
I can't quite understand the posts as to what you want - could you please summarise what you have and what you want (connector wise).
Adapter from what? I see two connectors in the first picture.
What i might do is solder a 4 pin molex connectors in place of the 3 pin fan connector on my fan controller so i can plug it in.

A
very similarbut i need the other end of the 3 pin fan connector.

A
Quote from Ashley Williams :very similarbut i need the other end of the 3 pin fan connector.

No, you don't. The adapter that he linked to is 4pin female and 4pin male to 3pin male. And the fan connector is 3pin female. Unless your fan connector is lesbian.
I need a 3 pin male fan connector.

A
seiriously why do you need all of this though, just plug the thing in your motherboard, there are over 3 slots on all new motherboards for those.
not to mention that new power supplies should have plenty of those 3 pins (the one I bought two years ago has 4 of these).

(16 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG