The online racing simulator
RB4 Skins
(724 posts, started )
Where is the ****ing skin???
Nevermind. The skin wasn't loading on my browser, but now it did. Sorry!
thanx
if all be right in this year i will buy s2!
PS: I will improve my skin ok?
Here comes some oldskool stuff for the RB4.

Skinfiles
This was the first I had ever made, so basically, it looks horrible. I had used to much carbon on it, and I had to make several versions of the blue painted so that the part next to the intercooler was painted blue. If you want a different color besides blue, please PM me. I will make the modifications to the skin.
(plain white)
(dull blue)
(bonus: RB4 toy and
RB4 boxes )
Can you reduce the size of your images ?. Use the attachment button. (paperclip)
Quote from [BeatR] Tmiothy :......

Ug ugly ugly copy andd paste jobs and use of filter effects that take like 20 seconds is ugly.
Skining is an art not copy and pasting for serveral minumtes and way to big carbon.

@ Schupor nice work i like it
1.I did not use filter effects
2.I know I used to much carbon, i had the tolorance on the selctor up to high
3.I it was Photoshop's fault
Quote from [BeatR] Tmiothy :This was the first I had ever made, so basically, it looks horrible. I had used to much carbon on it, and I had to make several versions of the blue painted so that the part next to the intercooler was painted blue. If you want a different color besides blue, please PM me. I will make the modifications to the skin.
(plain white)
(dull blue)
(bonus: RB4 toy and
RB4 boxes )

Last 2 aren't skins. First 2 aren't bad for first skins.

And, are you blind or what? don't you see the attachment button?
Quote from [BeatR] Tmiothy :1.I did not use filter effects
2.I know I used to much carbon, i had the tolorance on the selctor up to high

you forgot:
4.I will never post such a crap again, pls forgive me
Quote from [BeatR] Tmiothy :

never an adequate excuse. never blame the program for something you did.

you said youre using photoshop so you have a very powerful tool there, you just need to learn how to use it properly. if learn how to use the pen tool, paths, vector and layer masks rather than using the brush and magic wand, it will make your life easier and your skins look much better. also learn how to use the blending modes such as mulitiply, darken, overlay and lighten, as well as where the opacity slider is. also learn to play around with brightness and contrast, hue and saturation, levels and curves methods of changing brightness, color and color intensity

yes, i wont beat around the bush, its a terrible skin, but everyone has to start somewhere whith photoshop so it was a gallant first attempt.
Better Skin
I have made somewhat bof a better skin, modelled after a toy car.

I just dont have a picture of the car or the real thing.
(i'm on a different computer than normal.)
comments, on the skin, are welcome.
[EDIT]

that is the original car, my skin is missing two stars on each side and the number three on each side.
Attached images
RB4_Subaru_hw.jpg
Looks like a pretty good replica anyway
As requested I tried applying the Brawn GP livery onto the RB4.

Annoyingly "Imageshack" seems not to allow names containing underscores so you have to rename it after eventually downloading.
(If you can tell me there's a free image host where this is possible, please do so!)

http://img144.imageshack.us/img144/3995/rb4brawngp.jpg

Preview
www.photobucket.com

Seeing as you are a demo racer, would you like me to upload this skin for online use? I could also do a preview if you like.

EDIT: PS, im loving the skin. Very clean.
Bean0
love your skins!
Quote from Nathan_French_14 :www.photobucket.com

Seeing as you are a demo racer, would you like me to upload this skin for online use? I could also do a preview if you like.

EDIT: PS, im loving the skin. Very clean.

Feel free, it's fully public. You can also edit it (adding Virgin logos or something the like).

As for photobucket... I had an account there and for free use only a resolution up to one thousand and something pixels was allowed... which is not enough for state of the art skins.
Quote from [BeatR] Tmiothy :I have made somewhat bof a better skin, modelled after a toy car.

I just dont have a picture of the car or the real thing.
(i'm on a different computer than normal.)
comments, on the skin, are welcome.
[EDIT]

that is the original car, my skin is missing two stars on each side and the number three on each side.

Quote from 5tag :As requested I tried applying the Brawn GP livery onto the RB4.

Annoyingly "Imageshack" seems not to allow names containing underscores so you have to rename it after eventually downloading.
(If you can tell me there's a free image host where this is possible, please do so!)

http://img144.imageshack.us/img144/3995/rb4brawngp.jpg

Two great skins!

5tag, with your skin skills you should join the skin competition. Who knows, maybe you'll take the 1st price and win the lisence?
Thanks man, I had to make the stripes and everything. I just made one today:
RB4_AEROSPACE

Is it any good either? I know the logos are blurry and the carbon is different shades (which Photoshop Elements 7.0 did that), but it is still good
Attached images
RB4_AEROSPACE1024.jpg
Quote from [BeatR] Tmiothy :Thanks man, I had to make the stripes and everything. I just made one today:
RB4_AEROSPACE

Is it any good either? I know the logos are blurry and the carbon is different shades (which Photoshop Elements 7.0 did that), but it is still good

Considering your previous skin, this skin sucks.
-
(Fujioshi) DELETED by Fujioshi
#498 - Kac
just wanted to give a try with new Ken Block skin, but using few different logos( skullcandy+ etnies)
Attached images
skullcandy.jpg
I like how the Ken Block (owner of DC shoes) skin has a Etnies decal on the wing...FAIL
Quote from PLAYAPIMP :I like how the Ken Block (owner of DC shoes) skin has a Etnies decal on the wing...FAIL

wtf? is ken the owner of dc? lol, never knew that
-
-

RB4 Skins
(724 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG