Is it possible to win?
Hi Everybody.

Fully updated, patched etc.

I'm racing a "FOX" round KYOTO RING OVAL
to try various combinations of setups to try and establish
what is best for me.

I'm reasonably quick but......

With downforce set at "zero", car near the ground tyres slightly harder,
gearing standard, up or down, If I set off at the rear of say 6 cars on the grid and never take my foot off full throttle,

The 3 cars in the lead very slowly drive away from me......

This is on "Quick" setting not "Pro" .

The question...... Is it actually poosible to win this race?

Cheers.

Ian.
Hi There.

I've tried that. Using the "racing line", slipstreaming cars etc.
JUST enough fuel. Unlocking the diff. completely.

The others just drive away from me.

My car simply can't be made quick enough.

Can somebody give this track / car combo a go and see how they get on?

Cheers.

Ian.
More pressure in your tyres perhaps? Bigger wheels give you a higher top end. Consider your gearing, you should be hitting max revs when in slip stream. Also be mindful that LFS has engine damage, although I would be suprised if you are incurring that on the oval.
Check your pedal calibration. Make sure the green pedal bar has a little white cap, which is there so you know you're getting 100%.
Hi There.

Thanks for that.

I'd also thought about my peddle not having the full effect.

Checked calibration, adjusted, sure enough, white cap appeared.

perhaps I'm just not quick enough but all the AI cars leave me on the straights.

Please somebody else try this.

Surely I'm not THAT bad.

Ian.
You are 100% certain you haven't added some sort of handicap (ballast, intake restriction) or aren't running with a full fuel tank and that your gear ratios allow for a high top speed?

Switch to the AI cars (tab) and compare to their top speed.
Post a replay maybe.
#9 - Ped7g
Tires pressures? The softer the tires, the more drag their cause while going forward. Ride height? Suspension softness to get maximum traction over bumps?

And no, I don't know the answer to your main question, whether it's possible. sorry.
#10 - Jakg
Try downloading a setup from here.
AAAAAAhhhhhhh.....

Cheers.

I needed a radical (After looking at pressures etc.) setup.

Now comfortably winning and my WR is about 40th.

Time to shave off hundredths of a second.

Today is going to be wasted, I can see it happening.

Thanks everybody for the advice. (esp. Jakg).

Ian.
#12 - Jakg
Hate to break it to you, but on the Oval its easy to get withing 0.2-0.3 seconds, but those last tenths are nigh-on impossible...

If you don't want to muck about downloading setups, then you can download the entire setupfield pack here.

If HL'ing on the Oval gets boring (i.e. I usually get bored just after T1) then online racing is always a good idea...

Good luck!
Don't know why you're complaining - try it with keyboard to see how hard it is!

You're currently 39th with a 0.45.86, and I'm 3 places behind you with a 0.45.88.

Looking at your lap, you're not keeping tight in at the bends, and you're not letting car drift out to the walls on the exits - the first (keeping tight) is probably a time/distance physics thing, and the second means you're scrubbing speed off by turning slightly tighter than necessary.
Quote from Jakg :I usually get bored just after T1

Isn't that the entire circuit?
Strange effect. The AI should be slow on oval because they slow downt at points where you don't have to. Have you tried hotlap the oval hotlap and race setups?
#16 - Mc21

Is it possible to win?
(16 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG