The online racing simulator
Rims
(4 posts, started )
Rims
Hi,

Ive only just learned to render and I must say Im already hooked to it, its great!
I have one question though, I dont really like the chrome rims from the ds-autos packages (though I really appreciate them putting those images and scenes online! great for a beginner like me ).

But is there any way I could make rims with a black center and white edge (cos thats the way our team skins look best and the way we use 'em online as well).
If possible, could someone maybe explain how-to please?

Thanks in advance, TraXX
What you'll need to do is edit the rim at the mesh level. The idea is to separate the parts of the rim you want to apply different materials to. This will leave you with two objects, like rim-inner and rim-outter. They you can apply black to one and white to the other.

Select the rim, goto the modify panel, select the Editable Mesh modifier, select verticie or polygon mode, select the part of the rim you want to disconnect, and hit detach button on that same modify panel (right). Give it a new object name and apply your materials.
Quote from gatorman :What you'll need to do is edit the rim at the mesh level. The idea is to separate the parts of the rim you want to apply different materials to. This will leave you with two objects, like rim-inner and rim-outter. They you can apply black to one and white to the other.

Select the rim, goto the modify panel, select the Editable Mesh modifier, select verticie or polygon mode, select the part of the rim you want to disconnect, and hit detach button on that same modify panel (right). Give it a new object name and apply your materials.

Excellent, that works Thanks a lot for the good explanation!
Happy to help, don't forget to let us see what you're up to!

Rims
(4 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG