The online racing simulator
wingman help.
(12 posts, started )
wingman help. simple question please help.
ok i have the ligitech wingman formula force and im running windows xp but on windows xp it doesent support gameing devices on the serial port so if i used a usb to serial port addapter will it work maby this 1. http://cgi.ebay.com/USB-to-9-P ... ZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
bump
please some 1 has to kno.
Hi m8 - I have done this and still use it now. I found a diagram on www that shows how to wire the usb wires into the serial thing. Ill have a look but i dont think ive still got it. Try to search for 'usb to serial wingman diagram'.

edit - found pic
Attached images
WMFFUSBSerialAdapter.png
wow its really that simple. so before i rip open the serial cable just double checking that this will make it work on windows Xp correct. edit. and 1 more thing after i do this mod i will be able to just plug it into my usb and the wingman drivers will detect it? ok i just found the other half of the cable i used to convert my xbox controller to usb. ok theres 4 wires red black white and green if u can tell me whitch is whitch on the usb because i can figure out the serial side.
found this on google >>

also - what i did was leave the seral cable in its normal condition and just stick the usb wires into the correct holes in the serial and then taped it all together - its abit fiddly but it worked for me.
Attached images
USB-cable-wiring.png
ok i did it a lil diff but the diagram i found had the d+ and the d- mixed up. oh yah and when i un the profiler it doesnt connect butalso the 2 wires are switchedso imma switch them and try again.
yah i left the cable intact 2 i just found the femaile end and used that.
ok i tryed both ways and it says on my computer that the usb device u have pluged in has malfunctioned and will not run proporially. and i tried the data wires both ways and neather work. the logitech software does not detect it.
mmm maybe ur wiring it wrong or something, it is abit confusing. I dont have any wingman software loaded and it just picks up the wheel as a joystick atm BUT i used to have a logitech driver running (seem to recall it had to be a certain older logi driver). try unistalling ur wingman software and try that.

Also try and post pictures of what ur doing if u can that will help.
even when i had a usb to serial converter i still got the same msg saying that the device has malfunctioned.
Hi M8 - Ive just taken a note of my connections. I think it may be different to the one i posted - Doh!

Anyhow - try this new diagram >>

Attached images
NEWDIAG.jpg

wingman help.
(12 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG