The online racing simulator
controller merge...
(4 posts, started )
controller merge...
hello racers,

is there a chance to use mouse+keys AND 2 analog devices for throttle/brake?
cause afaik you have to choose between mouse/keys or wheel/joystick...

the cause of this? hm, i find it a bit frustrating to have limited control over gas/brake but very precise control with the steering.

so i came across to use some old joypad potentiometers with their orig. control-boards.
this would be a bit fiddling sure but i'd like to try it, it's better than clatter on my mouse to emulate a smooth de-acceleration.

thx for suggestions except those "go buy a wheel, HAR HAR".

sincerly
micha
I think this is an interesting idea. Surely, moving you right hand
(mouse) side to side isn't that far off the 'real' thing...turning a
wheel with the right hand positioned at 12 o'clock. Using pedals
for throttle/gas would only make it closer imo.
#3 - Smax
It is possible....I play with a playstation controller, and after some fooling around I was able to set LFS up to steer with the mouse and use the analogue stick for throttle/brake....no way can I drive it like that illepall but below is the screenshot with the controller settings you'd need...
interesting piece of work...
found this myself believe or not, problem was to assign the mouseX to steering, since it is just grey (not clickable no nothing)...

so how did you accomplish that?
or am i just to impatient?

Forget it... guess what just happened

Ok, got them together, (a bit fiddling thou but this will get better in time) now all i need is some device that makes my ass shake (for knowing when the rear is on an overtake-attempt)
or sth else FF capable...

now i can understand all you wheel fanatics, controlled throttle and brake is a "must-have" for besttimes

controller merge...
(4 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG