The online racing simulator
Layouts
(11 posts, started )
Layouts
The Layouts on CTRA are pure nonsense and only a higher risk to crash due someone throws with objects.... please remove them and racing on CTRA would be better. Especially FE2 with the two tyrestacks on the last chicane and the bales in the first are more risk than useful
#2 - SamH
We're happy with the layouts. They are there in plain sight. If you can't drive with the layouts as they are, then you need to fix your driving.
Quote from SamH :If you can't drive with the layouts as they are, then you need to fix your driving.

Sure, fix the driving of the guy who throws objects at you, show me how you do that
#4 - SamH
Quote from morpha :Sure, fix the driving of the guy who throws objects at you, show me how you do that

I appreciate that you're just getting underway with your CTRA licence, but I feel the need to point out that your licence is not going to be handed to you. You're going to have to work at it. Parts of that process are going to be learning hazard awareness and hazard avoidance.

If we wanted the process of earning CTRA licences to be a walk in the park, we'd just move all the servers to the drag strip, so that nobody has to deal with dangerous obstructions like corners and chicanes, and hand out Platinum licences to anyone who asks. Deal with it.
Quote from morpha :Sure, fix the driving of the guy who throws objects at you, show me how you do that

If it happens all the time report the guy for shitty driving
I don't care about my CTRA license to be honest, I'm just pointing out that there's absolutely nothing you can do when you see a bale block coming at you at high speed. It's not about corners and chicanes, it's about spinning out or even get airborne just because someone behind you nudged an object which then turns into a missile
#7 - SamH
I don't think you're complaining about anything in the CTRA that wouldn't happen in real life just as easily, in most forms of motor racing. Definitely in the tintop-type environment. The bales could reasonably be dropped or reduced in the higher single seater servers, though. I'll think on that.
Show me a flying, rock hard bale block in real life
Quote from morpha :Show me a flying, rock hard bale block in real life

agree

Sam, how should i react if someone 10 meters in front of me hits the objects and all flying in front of me? tell me....

Quote from SamH :Parts of that process are going to be learning hazard awareness and hazard avoidance.

you want hard and fair racing at the limit right? so you have to keep close to your oponent to overtake him and give all to stay in front right?
if there is someone really close in front or back, awareness and hazard avoidance is very hard.

i am not a new racer, i've been 2 years here in LFS and there is only one server with more crashes than redline racing 1: CTRA Race 1!
#10 - SamH
Nup. I appreciate what you're saying, but every other driver deals with the hazards and has done since we first launched. They cope, and so can you.
#11 - Dru
Quote from samh :nup. I Appreciate What You're Saying, But Every Other Driver Deals With The Hazards And Has Done Since We First Launched. They Cope, And So Can You.

+1

Layouts
(11 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG