The online racing simulator
Display Problem
(8 posts, started )
Display Problem
Hi,

When i was going throu members of races (pressing tab) the below picture sometimes happened. Any ideas?

Marsden1002
Attached images
problem.JPG
That sometimes happens to me, Sometimes it's becaues the track isn't loaded. Once you join the race and drive over that part, it's fine.

Well, at least I think, lol.
Quote from marsden1002 :Hi,

When i was going throu members of races (pressing tab) the below picture sometimes happened. Any ideas?

Marsden1002

I get the same sometimes when viewing others, even more interesting for some cars I view it can be normal even in the same area of the track but for one or two others I can get what you've got there... because of that I've always put it down to some sort of wiered lag effect
I have that sometimes too. If it doesn't go away, usually a reconnect solves the problem. But I've seen it about 4 times this past week, I really don't know what causes it
Quote from Tweaker :I have that sometimes too. If it doesn't go away, usually a reconnect solves the problem. But I've seen it about 4 times this past week, I really don't know what causes it

I'm on a 28.8k modem so thought it was pretty likely to be lag I see it quite regularly (more times than I can count) but not every time
#6 - Jakg
Quote from B2B@300 :I'm on a 28.8k modem so thought it was pretty likely to be lag I see it quite regularly (more times than I can count) but not every time

the track is already on your pc though!
Quote from Jakg :the track is already on your pc though!

True but I was thinking it might have something to do with how the car info isn't as precise for cars on the opposite side of the track from where you are, and when you tab (jump to another car quickly) accross the other side of the track it might take a few moments to stabalise just an impression I get... I obviously am not qualified to identify what it actually is I can only relay what I see, and make a stab in the dark at what it might be, and when several people do that, an obvious reason might become apparent

Anyway this particular glitch is nothing major imo, but would be nice to know what causes it. I have seen it happen where say there is 10 people on the server, I've connected and am just spectating, and viewing 7-8 of the drivers it looks totally normal but on 1 or 2 you get that effect. even if you cycle through the drivers several times, those two drivers still appear in twilight zone
Quote from B2B@300 :I'm on a 28.8k modem so thought it was pretty likely to be lag I see it quite regularly (more times than I can count) but not every time

Ouch, and I thought I was bad with my connection, but at least I have 56k!! This happens to me when I try to download skins while spectating. I, of course, lag while downloading and can't see anyone's cars. But then when the current downloading skin is loaded, I get this when I start to view the cars again. Reconnecting to the server or just going back onto the track from pit garage/spectator reloads the textures. I've ONLY ever seen it when downloading the skins on my dialup as it takes several minutes just for 1 skin.

Display Problem
(8 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG