The online racing simulator
Pit control system
(7 posts, started )
Pit control system
Okay, lots of people have posted threads asking to have more control over the car in the pits, but no one has suggested a good fast way to do this. After some thought, I've come up with the following system of keys to make it easy, reasonably intuitive, and fast to adjust your car during a race.

*Adjust brake balance forward/back: Numpad 8 and 2.
*Adjust front ARB softer/harder: numpad 7 and 9.
*Adjust rear ARB softer/harder: numpad 1 and 3.

If you look at your numpad, I'm sure these will make obvious sense.

Now for tires. These are a bit awkward, but the best I could think of given all the possible ways you'd probably want to change your tires:

*Cycle: force change both left tires, force left front only, force left rear only, automatic change (i.e. on 50% wear), change neither left tire: Numpad 4
*Same options, for right tires: numpad 6
*Cycle: Force change all tires, automatic change all tires, change none: numpad 5

For tire pressure:

*Cycle: select FL tire/FR tire/RR tire/RL tire: \
*Decrease/increase pressure of selected tire: [ and ]

For fuel, we have the following options:

*Increase/decrease fuel load: numpad + and -
*Cycle: Refuel up to selected fuel load/add selected fuel load to current fuel/don't refuel: numpad *

And for wings, as follows:

*Decrease/increase front wing angle: numpad = and /
*Decrease/increase rear wing angle: numpad 0 and .

Anyway, this should give you instant access to all the major adjustments without navigating any menus, and without using any keys LFS already uses (AFAIK). If you want to tweak anything else on the fly, just do it through the normal F12 menu. I can't think of any reason why you'd touch any of the other settings in a race anyway.
and when do u adjust those settings...
in the box or before?

before i think....

and where are the (new) settings be shown? F12?

but such a system is good!
Quote from 5th Earth :
*Increase/decrease fuel load: numpad + and -

- is the "block chat" key

personally i like the current system more than you suggestion, because i got a DFP which is perfect for this menu style system how it is now.
Quote from inCogNito :- is the "block chat" key

personally i like the current system more than you suggestion, because i got a DFP which is perfect for this menu style system how it is now.

but if u use a key-mapper than it should be easy to change to such a
system
Whilst keys maybe ultimately the quickest way to do it, its certainly not very intuitive. Perhaps a similar sort of "rose navigation" would do an interesting way to do this.

i.e. you bring up the rose, the car then continues to drive at the sam constant velocity. You then use your wheel, or mouse to flick through, pressing accelerator then actions this.

It certainly doesnt fit with the rest of LFS' gui, but it could be an interesting way, and a very quick way to do this. I for one have little room, and my keyboard is on the scrunt (sideways) next to my wheel, typing is a royal pain.
-
(thisnameistaken) DELETED by thisnameistaken
The current system is just fine but needs more options. Making the system any more complex (requiring more keys to control) makes no sence. Up and Down to select item and Left and Right to alter item is nice, easy to understand and works well. The number of options we have to each setting or the number of items may need to be looked at but not the way it is controled.
#7 - robt
problem i have is i use the arrow keys to drive (yes im on keyabord) so i cant actually use the F12 system very well

Pit control system
(7 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG