The online racing simulator
Online Racing Experiences - Good & Bad
On GPL once I was in the middle of a long race at Le Mans. Along the Mulsanne straight there is a kink just coming to the end of the straight.

Yours truly tries a ridiculous overtaking manouevre and goes too far out onto the grass....car smashes into the trees and, wait for it, tumbles out on fire in front of the rest of the field.

Car gets hit by two others initially, sending them smashing into several others while I'm still being hit by others at full speed unaware of what is around the blind bend!

There were 8 cars out of the race following this bit of magic from me and a lot of furious GPL veterans!!!!

#2 - X-Ter
It's amazing how you can drive side by side trough any number of turns with some drivers, and with others, you can not even go side by side in a straight line without having an accident.
Haha, funny read.

I had one in LFS back in patch X. I was racing with about 12 other guys, all of use in RAC's and FZ5's. I was in second, everyone else right up my ass. It was the last lap, and we were coming upto the finish line. The guy in first had a severe crash, so his right hand suspension was all bent, so he had no choice but to try and limp it across the line. As we all passed him, we were only about 400 metres away from the finish line. I shifted from 5th-6th on my shifter, but accidently put the car into reverse, so this put me sideways. I blocked most of the track and everyone just piled into me and we all spun and crashed to a hault, with RAC's flying off left right and centre. I tryed to spin the car around and at least get past the line. I was a mere 20ft away from the line. Put it into 1st and gunned it! .....what the hell? My car is'nt moving? The crash has bent my rear suspension, and pushed the bodywork down, so both my rear wheels were lifted off the ground. The damaged guy we paced happily strolled past and took the lead.
Good one Nathan

I remember one race in GPL from probably 2000 or 2001... I was following two guys for several laps at Spa, unable to get past them. Spent a lot of the race behind them, and then they both lost the rear end of their cars in perfect unison. One slid sideways off the left side of the track, one off the right side of the track, and I drove straight between them and continued. As a story I guess it's not much, but I just remember how perfectly in time they were and how happy I was to be able to sneak between them and take the positions
I blew my engine on the grid at my first GPL race
#6 - Jakg
Chased a guy down for 30 Laps at FE Club in a UF1, on the last corner he ran wide and smashed the wall, lost all momentum - I overtook, but just as I got near the line ran out of fuel - he cruised past me and won and went "wow thanks mate!".

I just pretended I really was that nice...

STCC Round #1 - So busy mentally preparing my "victory speech" for the team website I after leading the entire race, qualifying pole and coming first in all the heats I missed the braking zone, and almost clipped a wall, I rejoined the track and the guy in second place clipped my wheel and my wheel (dodgy Momo) went Fubar - I came into the last corner and it wouldn't steer properly and I smashed into a wall, and the guy in second hit me. I did a 1337 J-Turn, but alas he got the lead...

Another STCC round - I clipped a wall at FE Club and spun onto the little grass bit inside the apex on the last turn, but I remembered from my rear view mirror that there was no-one behind me when I was racing, but the next guy was a Muroc guy in an RB4 - as I got the car spun back around (spinning is my speciality...) I looked in the rear-view mirror I saw a Muroc RB4 at the top of the hill and thought "phew, i'll get away with it" and gunned it... little did I realise that was the other dudes team-mate and that actually I pulled out into the side of the original car with an inch (literally) to spare...
I had a beatiful first lap at blackwood once, it seemed unimaginable. I started near the back in 16th or 17th spot, but people were slow and I got 2 before the first corner. In the hairpin I took the inside and picked up another 2 spots, then was able to make a quick getaway through the chicane (dodging noob crashes all the way through). On the straight there were 2 guys in front of me, one drafting the other. The guy behind slid slightly to the left of the guy in front of him in order to engage a pass, but I was right behind him. I drafted him and swooped directly in between the two(no more than 20 cm open on either side). Then in the next turn I got a good run out, and was able to cath up to another victim. In the second to last turn I outbraked him down the hill and was able to finnaly hit some open space with no cars in front. Of course, I had my luck run out as 2 laps later I beautifully clipped the grass entering the last corner and destroyed my car.
in patch x with XRG on oval me ice falcon PMD and sarge went 5 wide coming out of turn 3 and i got pushed in the middle and CRASH from then on.
Something like a 13 lap race at KY2 in UF1's on the old STCC UF1 server (/miss), I was in the 3 front runners who had left most of the others after about 6-7 laps. Got into the lead on the 11th lap and managed to keep that 'til the last turn on the last lap. The guy who had just overtaken run out of fuel just as he started the last banked curve, so I quickly got 1st place back, and about 100 or so metre's from the finish line run out of fuel aswell, and only just took the win by a few hundreths of a second as 2nd place wasn't too far behind.

Ah, the memories of STCC UF1 server. Probably some of the best racing i've had there.
Good:

Joined an ATC 60 lap GP at the very last minute to replace a team mate, only had time to get the setup from my team mate and join the back of the grid, FXO at Blackwood with no practice at all.

I just put all the fuel I needed into the car, no fuel or tyres at my 1 stop, and I made the stop as early as possible. Then I had a mostly clear road and got really consistent laps in and breezed past everyone as they pitted and took an easy win, which I was really suprised at.

Bad:

Similar situation, and one I have mentioned here a few times before. XFR at Blackwood, ATC 60 lap GP, no practice and a bad qualifying position or none at all, I can't remember.

I had filled up my tank, got the setup and told it needed tyres changed about half way through. There was a crash in the early laps which forced me to pit for damage, so I had to limp to the pits changing my plan on the way and making sure I didn't take on fresh tyres. I pitted, it was a long stop for damage but I got out in clean air and stepped on it. I made really good pace and coming into the last laps I was comfortable in 3rd.

Then on the last lap at turn one I stupidly trailed my brakes over the crest of the hill and locked my front left which blew instantly because they were so worn after about about 57 laps when they were meant to last 30. I went off but managed to get back on and limped around the lap, still trying to keep pace to avoid dropping too far down the order. Coming into the last sector I was 5th and I could of held that. But what I didn't take into consideration was my other front tyre was taking almost all the braking I still had on the fronts, by this point I had put the balance mostly to the rear. Going into the right hand turn entering the last sector my other front tyre blew and I went into the gravel and got stuck.

The race finished and I got a DNF because I couldn't move.
it always feels good in a banger server to spin someone into another driver so they both spin out letting you past
As already mentioned, with some racers you can drive a whole race side by side with several overtakes. Had a view days ago a really nice race uf-br race with Moose, those kind of races are the one that everyone loves.
Attached files
great mooseufbr.mpr - 1 MB - 174 views

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG