The online racing simulator
Switching the radio ON/OFF
(4 posts, started )
hi, my first post here, and i hope it's not already posted (besides, i didnt know where to post, so move this at will). i used the search option and nothing came up.

the thing is i want to turn on/off in-race music with a keyboard shortcut, but i havn't been able to find one. i mean, there's shorcuts to skip the current music track sure, but not to switch the 'radio' (aka playlist), and i have to quit racing and go to the audio tab to do so.

could you tell me if there is a shortcut or not? if there isn't this would make a nice suggestion for the next version, since everything is being made with such care for details.

THANKS, hope to see you ingame.
#2 - amp88
I know I'm not alone in using a 3rd party app to listen to music whilst driving in LFS. I use QCD Player (freeware), and this allows me to use the shortcuts built into my keyboard to pause, stop and skip tracks whilst driving. I found the media player built into LFS wasn't great and suffered distortion from ingame wind noise. Though, that was a while ago now, so things might have improved.
#3 - Bean0
I use Foobar (also free) as my music player, and have global hotkeys for stop/play/vol up/down to adjust whilst racing much like amp88
well i've been doing exactly as you are with the third party player, but somehow i don't find it as real as if the game played it form me. i know that .ogg files are uncomfortable and all, and the wind 'glitch' you speak of may still be there (i don't recall). but all in all it would add to realism IN MY OPINION, it's a matter of taste.

anyways, thanks a lot for replying!

(4 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG