The online racing simulator
Dario's car shut down.
(6 posts, started )
Dario's car shut down.
Team Ganassi has closed down the number 40 car of Dario Franchetti, thus meaning that Dario no longer has a drive for the Sprtint Cup. It is expected that he will continue in the Nationwide series. Story Link

For any British fans of NASCAR (there are some) I would expect Sky to wind down thier coverage of the Sprint Cup, which now means I'm back on the net looking for links to watch it on my pc.
I can help provide links, rumors and news for NASCAR stuff if you want Mackie. But what surprises me the most is the giant gap in quality between the 42 (montoya), 41 (sorenson) and 40 (alas Franchitti). If I didnt know better I would have thought these three were from completely separate teams.
Quote from lizardfolk :I can help provide links, rumors and news for NASCAR stuff if you want Mackie. But what surprises me the most is the giant gap in quality between the 42 (montoya), 41 (sorenson) and 40 (alas Franchitti). If I didnt know better I would have thought these three were from completely separate teams.

Yeah it does seem strange, I thought it was just Dario getting used to the Sprint Cup, but his results and racing in the Nationwide has been impressive. The problem is that i don't think his name carries enough weight to get sponsours.

Also Dario was very unluck when he broke his ankle, then at Pocano (spelling?) he raced well had a good car, but was invovled in a crash with Hornish. Then next week his car was fast in practise and qaulifying yet car gave up in 3 laps. Then at the road course last week Infineon raceway, he strugled when in the IRL he was always quick. I hope he does get a drive, but I doubt it.
Mackie, AFAIK sky has a 2 year deal so no need to panic just yet.

Dario has had a nightmare it is true. I am sad to hear that they have shut down the ride for now but it will be a relief to not see it in the wall 1st caution every week. True IMO he hasnt been to blame most of the time but nevertheless it was a worrying trend beginning to develop.

If his success continues in the nationwide then i would fully expect him to get another go at the start of next year. After all a top 35 in owner points was beginning to look remote for this year anyway so it will be no different to start from scratch next year.
TBH I think Dario's lack of success is due to a poor car. Sure he's run worse than David Stremme before him, but Stremme also had a long series of 30- finishes as well. Stremme's record is over Franchitti was purely due to Stremme's experience over Franchitti's inexperience. Personally, the 40 car needs serious work. Even Sterling Marlin was struggling with it before he moved on as well.

But the good sign to Franchitti fans is that currently he didn't fall as far as Villeneuve did. Because Franchitti still has a ride in Nationwide and he's done much better in Nationwide. So since he states that he's determined to stay in NASCAR, he has a very good chance to rebound since he does have a sponsor in Nationwide. All he needs to do is keep his head together.
Quote from lizardfolk :TBH I think Dario's lack of success is due to a poor car. Sure he's run worse than David Stremme before him, but Stremme also had a long series of 30- finishes as well. Stremme's record is over Franchitti was purely due to Stremme's experience over Franchitti's inexperience. Personally, the 40 car needs serious work. Even Sterling Marlin was struggling with it before he moved on as well.

Not going to dispute the first bit, but Sterling was headed for a championship before he got hurt. The man really hasn't been the same since then, either.

Dario's car shut down.
(6 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG